Map a friends caches

i8ntrt

Not on this website but if you use GSAK there is a macro that will allow you to map a database. So what you could do is maintain a database of their finds and then use that macro to map where they all are and compare that to the online map here.

But he would need to get the friend's finds into GSAK first. The only way I can see of doing that is to go to the friend's publicly facing page and download the friend's finds a page at a time. That would be a bit tedious and it is also only in the LOC format.

However you could merge them all into a single GSAK database and (I suspect) use GSAK version 8's Geocaching API feature to get all of the cache data.

Once done the GSAK macro mentioned could produce a map.

Or, of course, you could always ask your friend for his/her "My Finds" GPX file. From there there are various ways of mapping it: Google Earth; MapSource (if you're a garmin user); GPSVisualizer; etc.

Edited by Huntleigh

Not on this website but if you use GSAK there is a macro that will allow you to map a database. So what you could do is maintain a database of their finds and then use that macro to map where they all are and compare that to the online map here.

But he would need to get the friend's finds into GSAK first. The only way I can see of doing that is to go to the friend's publicly facing page and download the friend's finds a page at a time. That would be a bit tedious and it is also only in the LOC format.

However you could merge them all into a single GSAK database and (I suspect) use GSAK version 8's Geocaching API feature to get all of the cache data.

Once done the GSAK macro mentioned could produce a map.

Or, of course, you could always ask your friend for his/her "My Finds" GPX file. From there there are various ways of mapping it: Google Earth; MapSource (if you're a garmin user); GPSVisualizer; etc.

You can use the GetAllLogsForUser.gsk macro to get all of a users found logs and the corresponding caches. If they have more than 6000 finds, you will have to run it over several days as you can only get 6000 caches a day. Once you have the caches in a DB, it's easy to map them with several available macros.

Note that sharing PQs, even with another Premium Member is a TOU violation best not discussed on the forums.