Caches – A new Geocaching app for the iPhone

My Geocaching Live enabled app for the iPhone called Caches finally made it into the App Store.

It’s available on the App Store for just $ 2.99.

You can find screenshot on the App Store and on the app’s website.

I paid attention to create a simple and easy-to-use app while still providing all necessary features. Here’s a list of features:

• Search caches on a map
  • Search caches by location and name
  • Filter caches by difficulty, terrain, size and type
  • View cache details including logs, gallery, attributes and trackables
  • Navigate to caches
  • Post cache logs and Field Notes
  • View your trackable inventory and own trackables
  • Search for trackables
  • View trackable details including logs
  • Post trackable logs
  • Download Pocket Queries

… and there are a lot more features in the pipeline none of the other Geocaching apps have and I will release during the next months.

I’m looking forward to your comments.

Hello,

.... if You really want a feature, that noone else has, then add a REAL offline Map Support.

Make your App able to use a preloadet Map File.

Not all have fast Internet on Mobile / You do not have good connetion everywhere.

ready 2 use Map files you get here...

http://ftp.mapsforge.org/maps/

oder here (diffrent format)

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_Garmin/Download

Have a nice day, Frank

I rely on my primary caching app (geosphere) to create groups of caches so that I can keep track of what I might want to find (such as solved puzzles or challenges that have been met), to plug caches into offline maps or routing apps, and to export filtered and edited pocket queries or groups so that I can put the resulting list into my handhelp gpsr. At a minimum a new caching app would have to do these things better than the one I use.

I want to let you know that in the meantime version 1.3 of my app has been released. It has a feature no other Geocaching app out there has: Push Notifications for published caches. Receive instant push notifications for new caches in your area and never miss the chance for a First to Find again.

(Please note that Push Notifications use the Instant Notifications feature of geocaching.com and require a Premium account.)

It has a feature no other Geocaching app out there has: Push Notifications for published caches. Receive instant push notifications for new caches in your area and never miss the chance for a First to Find again.

CacheMaid for Android also has this feature!

It has a feature no other Geocaching app out there has: Push Notifications for published caches. Receive instant push notifications for new caches in your area and never miss the chance for a First to Find again.

CacheMaid for Android also has this feature!

Plus you can set it up to go to your phone or email already on the website.