Premium Cashe

bobbyleggo

Some members choose to pay a premium membership of $30 to become Premium Members which allow a number of additional features. One of these features allows them to mark caches they set so they can just be searched for by other Premium Members only. The actual cache is often no different to any other cache and it is simply the cache owners preference to set it up this way. Some feel that setting the cache up for premium members only helps in preventing the cache from getting so easily muggled.

Some members choose to pay a premium membership of $30 to become Premium Members which allow a number of additional features. One of these features allows them to mark caches they set so they can just be searched for by other Premium Members only. The actual cache is often no different to any other cache and it is simply the cache owners preference to set it up this way. Some feel that setting the cache up for premium members only helps in preventing the cache from getting so easily muggled.

Or killing themselves [for some of my Extreme caches ]!

I've been away from caching for a year. Now I've got the time to get out there again, i'm shocked at how many caches are locked to premium members only. I do not feel that this is in the sprit of the game, and has turned it into an elitist hobby. I am going to pay to be a premium member because some of the benefits are very good, but I can see no reason why people do not want there cache to be found by everyone. I really hope this silly trend ends soon.

I've been away from caching for a year. Now I've got the time to get out there again, i'm shocked at how many caches are locked to premium members only. I do not feel that this is in the sprit of the game, and has turned it into an elitist hobby. I am going to pay to be a premium member because some of the benefits are very good, but I can see no reason why people do not want there cache to be found by everyone. I really hope this silly trend ends soon.

I am not 100% where you live but as your recent finds are in the Northampton type area I would guess you are there somewhere. I think this area has one of the highest concentrations of PMO caches, in the UK. The basic reason is that there were "people"

:mad: who targeted caches in this area with the sole intention of destroying them. Owners have taken the decision to make them PMO the other option I would guess is they would not place any caches. This way it will deter the opportunist who sets up an account purely to then destroy caches, as they would have to pay to do it.

Can anyone help plz.just purchased Premium membership.but when i press in the Caches it fails to down load am i doin somethng wrong.phaps it takes a while only joined tday.i use Android on htc phone.many thanx.merry Xmas.xxx

I have no idea on the use of the app, but would suggest you try logging out and then back in to see if that picks up your new premium status.

I've recently gone premium and there are hardly any extra PMO caches in my home town (Oxford), where I'll soon be moving (Abingdon) or where I work (Maidenhead) - one in Kidlington and that's it I think! Not looked closely at the map for Abingdon mind you. The muggle explanation above seems like a very viable reason.

BTW did you know that if you "Map Location" on the official site, then click - to zoom out one level, PMOs show up? You can't get any more info than that small-scale position, though.