Official Geocache App on iPhone 5

Hi - noob here!!

Just recently got into Geocaching and have a question about the official app on iPhone.

When I downloaded the free version of this app, on my iphone 5, I am 100% sure that when I navigated to the caches using the compass screen, the app would signal with a jingle, as soon as I was in very close proximity of the cache.

Now that I am using the paid version of the app, when using the compass screen, it no longer gives this jingle when in close proximity of any given cache? The compass just keeps counting down the distance to the cache but does not signal or anything when you are very close?!

Can anyone else confirm if this is correct?

Edited by Dino F

Hi - noob here!!

Just recently got into Geocaching and have a question about the official app on iPhone.

When I downloaded the free version of this app, on my iphone 5, I am 100% sure that when I navigated to the caches using the compass screen, the app would signal with a jingle, as soon as I was in very close proximity of the cache.

Now that I am using the paid version of the app, when using the compass screen, it no longer gives this jingle when in close proximity of any given cache? The compass just keeps counting down the distance to the cache but does not signal or anything when you are very close?!

Sorry Dino, I'm not familiar with any jingling sounds. The premium app doesn't make any noise at all that I'm aware of.

Hi - noob here!!

Sorry Dino, I'm not familiar with any jingling sounds. The premium app doesn't make any noise at all that I'm aware of.

Thanks for the reply although I am still sure that the free app does indeed play a 'jingle' when you are getting very close to the cache.

I am going to download the free app and re-visit a cache which I have already located, to see if it does anything different. If it does, will try and post a pic of the screen it shows!