A Tb and a brand new cache?

ayrbrain

I will try and word this so it makes sense <_< Ok……….. we have a new cache all ready to hopefully be placed tomorrow at some point, just waiting on the paint drying.

I have a TB I picked up from another cache, DH said we could put it into the new cache (tomorrow). Now obviously I would need to wait until the cache is reviewed, my question is……can we place the TB into the container at the time we hide the cache and then wait for the cache to be reviewed. then hopefully once reviewed and ok I should be able to log the TB as in it.? (which it will be inside the cache container already) Does this make sense to you all? :unsure:

many thanks.

I will try and word this so it makes sense dry.gif Ok……….. we have a new cache all ready to hopefully be placed tomorrow at some point, just waiting on the paint drying.

I have a TB I picked up from another cache, DH said we could put it into the new cache (tomorrow). Now obviously I would need to wait until the cache is reviewed, my question is……can we place the TB into the container at the time we hide the cache and then wait for the cache to be reviewed. then hopefully once reviewed and ok I should be able to log the TB as in it.? (which it will be inside the cache container already) Does this make sense to you all? :unsure:

many thanks.

You don't have to wait for the cache to be reviewed. If you have submitted the cache but not enabled it, you can drop the TB into the cache.

I will try and word this so it makes sense dry.gif Ok……….. we have a new cache all ready to hopefully be placed tomorrow at some point, just waiting on the paint drying.

many thanks.

You don't have to wait for the cache to be reviewed. If you have submitted the cache but not enabled it, you can drop the TB into the cache.

I have done that before. Just make sure that the cache is not close to any other caches (the listing would get denied) so that it won't be in there for ages. Just log on the page even before it is reviewed in a "write note" log and at the bottom of the page when you are logging select to drop that TB hope this helps.

Placing a trackable in an unpublished cache though is a 'wild-toad' ride for the trackable owner.

The owner gets a GC message that his trackable has been placed, and when they go to look at the cache it is placed in, they get a screen that advises them the cache is unavailable for viewing and that it is an "unpublished cache".

After the cache is actually published, the trackable owner gets no further messaging. They have to keep checking on their own to see if the cache has been published.

Placing a trackable in an unpublished cache though is a 'wild-toad' ride for the trackable owner.

The owner gets a GC message that his trackable has been placed, and when they go to look at the cache it is placed in, they get a screen that advises them the cache is unavailable for viewing and that it is an "unpublished cache".

After the cache is actually published, the trackable owner gets no further messaging. They have to keep checking on their own to see if the cache has been published.

Placing a TB in an unpublished cache is perfectly fine.

Placing a TB in an unpublished cache is perfectly fine.

Never indicated it wasn't 'fine' ... or even 'perfectly fine' ...

just making a comment about the practice of doing so and how it affects the trackable owner.