Yuma Mega Event #10 GeoCoin Available

Wayne43

Yuma S*W*A*G (SouthWest Arizona Geocachers) is working on the first Mega Event to be held in Arizona. Event is scheduled for February 10, 2013 and various activities will be held this weekend.

This is to let you know that the Yuma Mega Event #10 Geo Coin is available at our website: http://www.yumaevent.com/

Please check it out for information on the coin and the event. Get away from the cold weather and bask in the sun for a fun filled weekend!

WOW ... glad we got our coins early. A 'first ever' Arizona Mega Event will prolly make this coin hard to get. Just got a note this weekend that they are at/about 800 attendees.

I'm NOT affiliated with the event in any way, just anticipating another LARGE event where many coins will be found. (I think I may have to leave my credit cards at home ... :blink: )

Part of the weekend schedule includes:

a Geocoin Show & Swap, a Travel Bug View & Discover, [event stuff] and Geocoins For Sale.

WOW ... glad we got our coins early. A 'first ever' Arizona Mega Event will prolly make this coin hard to get. Just got a note this weekend that they are at/about 800 attendees.

I'm NOT affiliated with the event in any way, just anticipating another LARGE event where many coins will be found. (I think I may have to leave my credit cards at home ... :blink: )

Part of the weekend schedule includes:

a Geocoin Show & Swap, a Travel Bug View & Discover, [event stuff] and Geocoins For Sale.

Finally figured out how to post pics in a forum post ... d'oh ... :laughing:

6728ab62-15e7-418a-be87-0b00e2d01fab.jpg

------------------

Prison History (seen on back of the coin)

The prison accepted its first inmate on July 1, 1876. For the next 33 years 3,069 prisoners, including 29 women, served sentences there for crimes ranging from murder to polygamy. The prison was under continuous construction with labor provided by the prisoners. In 1909, the last prisoner left the Territorial Prison for the newly constructed Arizona State Prison Complex located in Florence, Arizona.

On the S*W*A*G Yuma Event coin you will find the Wagon used to transport the prisoners. Also is the main look-out tower located on the top portion of the coin. Just above the tracking number your will find the Main Gate entrance to the Yuma Territorial Prison. A piece of history and a part of Yuma.

(the visible ID is not changeable by me. This is the pic posted on the Yuma Mega Event page.)

Edited by nevadanick