Country/Region Counts

UMainah

I just noticed something interesting when viewing this list: http://www.Waymarking.com/statistics.aspx?f=1

When you select the "Include Regions?" box there are some peculiar regions listed for some countries.

Here are a couple I found(there may be more, I did quite glance through):

Alabama belongs to the US(3485 waymarks), Canada (1 waymark), and the Czech Republic (2 waymarks).

Eastern England belongs to the UK(5090 waymarks) and the US(1 waymark).

There is a number of these errors. The waymarks do in fact show this wrong region, but they are almost impossible to find, because the irregular combination is not available as search. It's not perfect, but as only a very very small minority of waymarks are affected it is not a major problem. The only exception is South Africa, where almost all Waymarks show a region that in reality belongs to Belgium or Portugal.

Didn't realize this thread was active, but also ran into these errors this morning: 7 Alabama, Canada; 1 Eastern England, USA; 1 Alabama, Czech Rebublic; and 1 Brussels, South Africa. Submitted edits for all. Eastern England is now back in the UK instead of the USA as edit accepted.

Used Google search like site:Waymarking.com "alabama, canada" to find. (Quotes are important to focus on the error versus a category listing that had both Alabama and Canada waymarks.)

That's nice, thank you! :)

I've submit the "Armed Forces Pacific, United States" combination!

But South Africa is a problem. There are many wrong regions (Antwerpen, Limburg, Luxembourg,...)

Maybe some officers in the affected categories can change it to the correct one by using wikipedia.

I've started the first one!

Edited by Tharandter

I have fixed the South Africa issue! There are some waymarks left in review edit. :)

I have submit many waymarks in edit review the last days, so I'm sorry for the flood of mails, that you receive as an officer! I still want this fixed! But there is a problem that is not okay in my opinion. Some waymarks were declined after edit review, because they are very old an does no longer correspond to the actual category description. The problem is, that the most of the waymark owner aren't active Waymarkers anymore and these waymarks getting simply lost! They exist for years and now they are gone! :(

That was not my intention!

I think if an Waymark is approved, it should not be declined again and certainly not after many years! Some of them come from the first hour of Waymarking and were often logged as visit.

If it's possible then please promote me to an officer in these categories and I would change the missing things in the waymark listings, to get these waymarks back to business.

Edited by Tharandter