New Minelab Gecoin Promotion - North America

LutherNation

*frustration*!! ~ WHY can't I get mine activated?!? From what I can see, the Tracking # and Activation Code are the same (was it that way for everybody else?). I keep getting "not found in system" error message. Help, please! :unsure:

The activation code should be MINELAB. That's what mine was

Yup... gotcha!! ~ it was the tracking code that was eluding my 'ol eyes!! :blink: Thanks for the reply!

I got mine today and I found a tracking code on the mini coin, but on the bigger coin I find no tracking codes. Anyone have any ideas???

There is NO code on any of the larger coins. It is for personal collections and is NOT trackable.

The coin to release for Minelab as part of the promotion is the small micro-coin. It has the tracking number.

Got ours today ... California ... yippeeee - ki- ya ... :lol:

Confused by the coin hiding. The little one, with numbers on it, the big one without numbers on it. Which do you hide and where do you hide it ? If the big one is out there, there is no way to track it, and if anyone finds it that doesn't know about the promotional thinks they can keep it? My group page is full of confusion on this. Anyone know the answer???

The little one with the Tracking # is to hide. The big one is yours to keep for display

Thanks... Lot of friends on my group page were confused and thought the big one was to hide, but it didn't make sence to hide one without a number :)

Re-posting this for people. :)

Thank you LutherNation for your guidance. I too was confused receiving 2 geo coins.

Thank you Minelab for the collectable!! :santa:;)

But I have a couple of other issues:

First of all to find the rules at ultimateminelabbing.com you need to click on the questionmark/FAQ tab. I can see no faq's but the rules do come up. shouldn't that tab be remad to read FAQ/RULES (?)

Secondly it the rules mention "THEMES" and is says that the theme for the month will be posted on the facebook page. here is a cut and paste:

QOUTE/

If a participant finds or hides a Geocoin: visit www.geocaching.com/track and enter the

unique tracking number found on the Geocoin and you will be taken to that Geocoin’s unique

web page. The participant will also visit www.geocaching.com/minelabmetaldetectors and click

on the “Submit Contest Photo” and follow the on-line directions to submit a photo entry to the

Minelab Facebook app. Once the participant has submitted an entry they will be notified that

their submission is under review for appropriateness. If a participant finds a Geocoin and that

participant relocates the Geocoin, the participant is asked to record the Geocoin’s new location

on Geocaching.com.

Themes: For each of the Initial Judging Periods there will be one theme established. Each theme

will be an element which must be included in the photograph (if the photograph includes a

Geocoin) or may appear in a 2nd photograph if the 1st photograph shows the location where the

Geocoin was placed, by including a GPS unit in the 1st photograph with the latitude and

longitude of the location clearly visible on the GPS unit. The various themes/elements may be

specific objects, or may be more broadly defined and left to the imagination of the participant.

Some themes may be available at the location at which the initial photograph may be taken,

some may be brought to the location, or some may require additional travel to a second location.

The theme for each month will be posted on the Minelab Facebook contest page no later than

12:00:01 a.m. (CST) on the first day of each Initial Judging Period.

UNQOUTE/

My concern is that I cannot find a theme for Nov. OR Dec. on the facebook app.

And I am also concerned for the geocachers who already have posted photos if their entry abides

by this part of the rules. I hope they don't miss out.

I submitted a photo for the jeep contest and won a geocaching t-shirt and jeep thumb drive which

I still use to this day. I love the idea of themes as it gives different geocachers different ways

to express their love of this activity. I am ESPECIALLY jazzed by the Minelab contest as I am also

an avid metal detectorist too. I am finishing my second year as Vice President of my local prospecting

club, Route 66 Gold Miners.

I hope that you can help us out here,

Steve, Got_4by4, AKA "PorkChop"

Edited by Got_4by4

Got our coin today...Florida...after reading through the forum it became clear that the small coin should be the one that is released...now can anyone clarify if as the previous note stated "should there be a theme metal in the picture"...seems the coords: lat & long also have to be visible ...anyone released one yet and know what to do for the picture qualifier?..thanks

The themes for the rest of the year should be released shortly. I will put them in the Forum as soon as I have them - Minelab will post them on Facebook and/or on their website. Thus far, the theme has simply been generic, so that all entries are eligible! Please continue to submit creative photos for consideration. :)

As promised, here is the list of 2013 themes for the Minelab Geocoin Photo Contest! Keep an eye out for Minelab coins in geocaches and enter photos online. There may also be a second release of Minelab coins, if you missed out on the first round! Keep an eye on the site.

January: New discoveries

February: Looking for love

March: Luck be a Minelab

April: Springing into something

May: “May I Have this Cache”

June: Take me out to the “cachegame”

July: Let freedom ring

August: Summer Nights

September: Fall into discovery

October: Cache or Treat!

November: Happy Cachegiving!

I, just for grins, tried to order a coin and I did not get a "sorry" notice. I was able to enter all my info and it went through. I cannot remember if I got a "we are out" notice when I tried (unsuccessfully) before. Hopefully I get one this time.

I did the same today, and I remember getting a sorry we're out message the first time!

Here's to crossing fingers

:rolleyes:

From the Mindlabs page this morning...

We are sorry to say that our supply has run out!

We have sent all the Minelab Geocoins out to new homes and hopefully to caches near you. While we can’t send you your own anymore, you can on the lookout for them by tracking their latest movements.

Thanks again for your interest.

Guess whomever got in on the second batch were the lucky few :)

I received my "mine lab" Geocoin yesterday but can't figure out how to register it because there's only an activation code, not an ID #. What am I not seeing?? <_<

You have to find the very miniature tracking number on the SMALL coin. The micro/mini coin is the trackable one.

The large coin is for collecting (or SWAG) only. It does not have a tracking number.

I received mine on 2/6/13! Memphis, TN. They are veryt nice coins! Thanks so much MineLab!

I was surprised the tracking number is not on the larger coin. The small letters on the smaller coin will cause many to pass on discovery. So, to get it started, I thought I would let anyone reading this post to have first discovery. <secret tracking number removed by moderator so the geocoin page doesn't get locked for good.>

Edited by Eartha
remove secret tracking number.

I received mine on 2/6/13! Memphis, TN. They are veryt nice coins! Thanks so much MineLab!

I was surprised the tracking number is not on the larger coin. The small letters on the smaller coin will cause many to pass on discovery. <secret tracking number removed by moderator

Thanks for the FTF!

Will be releasing mine soon :)

Edited by Eartha
remove secret tracking number.

I was surprised the tracking number is not on the larger coin. The small letters on the smaller coin will cause many to pass on discovery. <secret tracking number removed by moderator

Thanks for the FTF!

Please delete your virtual log from this coin. Virtual logs are not allowed. I can delete it for you if you wish. But you should do it.

Thanks for the FTF!

Please delete your virtual log from this coin. Virtual logs are not allowed. I can delete it for you if you wish. But you should do it.

I will do so. Sorry, also did not know this was taboo