New Minelab Gecoin Promotion - North America

LutherNation

A new Geocoin promotion has launched for the U.S. and Canada, from Minelab metal detector company. No purchase necessary to participate!

Checkout the Minelab promotion page on Geocaching.com.

Request a free coin (set of coin + replica) while supplies last. And if you find/discover a Minelab geocoin, you can upload photos to enter to win prizes - including a TRIP TO MEXICO! B)

Our friends at Minelab have a love for the outdoors and for treasure hunting adventures, just like we do!

A new Geocoin promotion has launched for the U.S. and Canada, from Minelab metal detector company. No purchase necessary to participate!

Checkout the Minelab promotion page on Geocaching.com.

Request a free coin (set of coin + replica) while supplies last. And if you find/discover a Minelab geocoin, you can upload photos to enter to win prizes - including a TRIP TO MEXICO! B)

Our friends at Minelab have a love for the outdoors and for treasure hunting adventures, just like we do!

I just want to add I'll be very dissapointed if none are shipped to Canada, as per previous comments. And I'm sure other Canadian cachers will be a bit ticcked off as well.

I wonder if it is just the photo contest that is open to residents of Canada and not the free coin? There won't be very many Canadian entries if we can't get a coin here. I was disappointed when I tried to fill out the form to get a coin.

Here is what the small print says about the contest.

The Minelab "Ultimate Geocaching Hunt" photo contest is solely sponsored by Minelab Americas, Inc., a subsidiary of Codan, LTD. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and Canada who are 18 years and older at time of entry. Entry period for the contest commences at 12:01 a.m. (CST) on November 13, 2012 and expires at 11:59 PM (CST) on November 13, 2013. Void where prohibited. For details and restrictions, see the Official Contest Rules on the Minelab Facebook App Contest Page.

I wonder if it is just the photo contest that is open to residents of Canada and not the free coin? There won't be very many Canadian entries if we can't get a coin here. I was disappointed when I tried to fill out the form to get a coin.

The Minelab "Ultimate Geocaching Hunt" photo contest is solely sponsored by Minelab Americas, Inc., a subsidiary of Codan, LTD. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and Canada who are 18 years and older at time of entry. Entry period for the contest commences at 12:01 a.m. (CST) on November 13, 2012 and expires at 11:59 PM (CST) on November 13, 2013. Void where prohibited. For details and restrictions, see the Official Contest Rules on the Minelab Facebook App Contest Page.

I'm sure there won't be as many Canadians involved if the coins aren't shipped there, but a large number of Canadians DO have and USE U.S. addresses for a number of reasons.

We know quite a few who maintain U.S. addresses at PO Boxes and Mail Services for a 'lot' of reasons. There are also many who have relatives in the States and will be using their addys and yet another large group of snowbirds who leave Canada each year at this time to reside in the States for the winter. You can bet that all of these 'caching Canadians' will turn up with a coin (or two). :laughing:

I'm sure there won't be as many Canadians involved if the coins aren't shipped there, but a large number of Canadians DO have and USE U.S. addresses for a number of reasons.

We know quite a few who maintain U.S. addresses at PO Boxes and Mail Services for a 'lot' of reasons. There are also many who have relatives in the States and will be using their addys and yet another large group of snowbirds who leave Canada each year at this time to reside in the States for the winter. You can bet that all of these 'caching Canadians' will turn up with a coin (or two). :laughing:

Snowbird .... US address .... Ok

;) Thanks for the heads up.

I have an update for the Canadian cachers. I contacted Minelab through their website and they apologized for the issue with the website not allowing Canadians to request a coin. They also asked for my mailing address and caching name and said they would try and get a coin sent to me, but that they were going fast.

I think that was great service from Minelab :)

I have an update for the Canadian cachers. I contacted Minelab through their website and they apologized for the issue with the website not allowing Canadians to request a coin. They also asked for my mailing address and caching name and said they would try and get a coin sent to me, but that they were going fast.

I think that was great service from Minelab :)

Ditto. I guess that's two Canadians with a minelab coin, three counting kini_ont :) We'd better take lots of photos!

My guess is that they just used the wrong entry form style...but that was kinda mean, like taking candy from a baby!

They say their all sent out. The map shows a whole two in Washington, and you can't get one now.......nice job Minelab.

They may be in the process of 'sending' ... but haven't heard of anyone 'receiving' one/any yet. Placement in caches will be tough without receiving the coin ... :unsure:

Haven't received ours yet.

Of the two I found for Washington, weren't they tied to Groundspeak? No surprise they would have the 'starter' coins ... :blink:

Edited by nevadanick

I submitted a request when I first saw the promo, but as others, I haven't received anything yet. I would hope that they make more of them available, and make them available for purchase because they are beautiful coins!

Hang in there ... post #24 did say something like... 'in about a week'. Expect we'll be seeing delivery on the 'confirmed' requests soon.

Edited by nevadanick

Not sure about others but I got one in the mail today. I wasn't sure what the envelope from Groundspeak was as I had forgotten all about it until the other half of JeePSer remembered. There were two coins in the envelope. One micro and one regular. However the regular one doesn't seem to have a tracking code.

Did the people that are receiving these ever get a confirmation that they would be getting one, or are you just finding them in your mailbox? The reason I ask is I signed up for one but never got a confirmation that my request was received. When a friend tried to sign up he was given a message that they were all gone. I didn't get this message but I also didn't get one telling me that my request made it in time. Just curious if I should be racing to the mailbox each day or not

Edited by Hemorrhage

Did the people that are receiving these ever get a confirmation that they would be getting one, or are you just finding them in your mailbox? The reason I ask is I signed up for one but never got a confirmation that my request was received. When a friend tried to sign up he was given a message that they were all gone. I didn't get this message but I also didn't get one telling me that my request made it in time. Just curious if I should be racing to the mailbox each day or not

Didn't receive an e-mail confirmation, but the web page did confirm the order info. A friend logged in about the same time when I called to give them a heads-up and they got the same online confirmation. Another friend a little later got the 'too late, all gone' reply from the webpage.

Thanks Minelab!!! :D Got my coins in the mail today. Very nice! As for a confirmation email or shipping update, I don't recall getting one of those either, but I don't recall getting one of those for other 'promotional items' either.

Still nothing. Got the online confirmation page, but nothing in the mail. ... :unsure:

Geez ... it's getting cold standing by the mailbox every day ... :huh:

Confused by the coin hiding. The little one, with numbers on it, the big one without numbers on it. Which do you hide and where do you hide it ? If the big one is out there, there is no way to track it, and if anyone finds it that doesn't know about the promotional thinks they can keep it? My group page is full of confusion on this. Anyone know the answer???

Where does it say US and Canada? I tried to fill out the form but it says US only. Figures.

The Minelab "Ultimate Geocaching Hunt" photo contest is solely sponsored by Minelab Americas, Inc., a subsidiary of Codan, LTD. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and Canada who are 18 years and older at time of entry. Entry period for the contest commences at 12:01 a.m. (CST) on November 13, 2012 and expires at 11:59 PM (CST) on November 13, 2013. Void where prohibited. For details and restrictions, see the Official Contest Rules.

Confused by the coin hiding. The little one, with numbers on it, the big one without numbers on it. Which do you hide and where do you hide it ? If the big one is out there, there is no way to track it, and if anyone finds it that doesn't know about the promotional thinks they can keep it? My group page is full of confusion on this. Anyone know the answer???

The little one with the Tracking # is to hide. The big one is yours to keep for display

Edited by TeamEccs21

The little one with the Tracking # is to hide. The big one is yours to keep for display

Thanks... Lot of friends on my group page were confused and thought the big one was to hide, but it didn't make sence to hide one without a number :)

Thanks Minelab!!! :D Got my coins in the mail today. Very nice! As for a confirmation email or shipping update, I don't recall getting one of those either, but I don't recall getting one of those for other 'promotional items' either.

Still nothing. Got the online confirmation page, but nothing in the mail. ... :unsure:

Geez ... it's getting cold standing by the mailbox every day ... :huh:

Nothing here in CA as of Today (Saturday).