CacheMaid Importing .gpx files

A strange issue with CacheMaid (Android Live Enabled app). I use this app to import a .gpx file generated by gsak. When I try to import form the apps options menue, I always get an error, and nothing is imported. However, when importing by opening the .gpx file with CacheMaid, it imports just fine.

The file I use is here

Hi,

What error message do you get? Are any caches imported? After how long time do you get the error? I will have a look at it and see if there is something strange going on in the code. Your gpx file is rather big but it should work anyway because CacheMaid uses a SAX parser to handle the XML.

Edited by onspot

A strange issue with CacheMaid (Android Live Enabled app). I use this app to import a .gpx file generated by gsak. When I try to import form the apps options menue, I always get an error, and nothing is imported. However, when importing by opening the .gpx file with CacheMaid, it imports just fine.

The file I use is here

Hi,

What error message do you get? Are any caches imported? After how long time do you get the error? I will have a look at it and see if there is something strange going on in the code. Your gpx file is rather big but it should work anyway because CacheMaid uses a SAX parser to handle the XML.

I will run it again to see what error I get. It usualy takes 5min. Then the error is something like No Data in GPX at Line 0 or something like that. No caches or logs are imported.

However, like I mentioned, when I run the gpx from outside of CacheMaid, selecting to open it with CacheMaid, it works fine.

Hello

I just tried this import in the new version (4.0), and got this error

2013-01-21 12:33:44
FileNotFoundExeption
/mnt/sdcard/com.cachemaid.
cachemaid/temp/zip/48044812842514/
algorithms/
contacts_from_native_call_log.lua: open
fail: ENOTDIR (Not a directory)

libcore.io.ErrnoExeption: open fail:
ENOTDIR (Not a directory)
loBridge.java [406] libcore.io.loBridge.
open
FileOutputStream.java [88] java.io.
FileOutputStream.<init>
FileOutputStream.java [128] java.io.
FileOutputStream<init>
FileOutputStream.java [117] java.io.
FileOutputStream<init>
null [-1]com.cachemaid.lib.j.q.b
null [-1]com.cachemaid.lib.i.j.b
null [-1]com.cachemaid.lib.i.j.a
null [-1]com.cachemaid.lib.i.j.b
null [-1]com.cachemaid.lib.activities.m.
run
Thread.java [856] java.lang.Thread.run

PS, just got the full version; was meaning to do that a while ago as I use CacheMaid quite a bit.

I just updated CacheMaid to versio 4.1.

I seem to still have a similar problem. The error has changed somewhat:

Error
2013-01-28 12:59:48
IllegalStateException
Don't have database lock!

SQLiteDatabase.java [2233] android.
database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.
verifyLockOwner
SQLiteDatabase.java [723] android.
database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.
endTransaction
nul [-1]com.cachemaid.lib.d.b.d
nul [-1]com.cachemaid.lib.i.j.a
nul [-1]com.cachemaid.lib.activities.n.
run
Thread.java [856] java.lang.Thread.run

Again, I thought I would mention, that I can still do the import, but just not from within the app. I have to initiate the import from a file viewer app.

PS how do I delete a spacifice cache from the database?

Edited by Andronicus

I just updated CacheMaid to versio 4.1.

I seem to still have a similar problem. The error has changed somewhat:

Hi,

Ok, I'll have a look at it! Regarding your question about deleting caches from the database: I'm planning for such a feature.

That is great to hear. Continuing development is what makes the world go round (or the app or something like that)!

That is great to hear. Continuing development is what makes the world go round (or the app or something like that)!

Hi, is it a zip file containing a gpx file or a plain gpx file you are importing? The reason for asking is the strange error message you get. If you try to import a gpx from geocaching.com, do you then get the same error or has it to do with the fact that the gpx comes from gsak?

Hi, is it a zip file containing a gpx file or a plain gpx file you are importing? The reason for asking is the strange error message you get. If you try to import a gpx from geocaching.com, do you then get the same error or has it to do with the fact that the gpx comes from gsak?

The file is a .gpx (not zipped).

Oddly, I just tried it again (importing the version that I had already imported with no updates). This time it worked OK. So I downloaded the latest version, and tried again. It again worked correctly. Maybe the problem had been fixed, but the earlyer reported error was an anomely

Oddly, I just tried it again (importing the version that I had already imported with no updates). This time it worked OK.

Sounds great! Since you cannot reproduce the error I assume it is fixed but if the problem occurs again don't hesitate to make a note of it in this forum. I fixed a bug in the previous version of CacheMaid, that was a clear bug causing the error you first reported.

Oddly, I just tried it again (importing the version that I had already imported with no updates). This time it worked OK.

Sounds great! Since you cannot reproduce the error I assume it is fixed but if the problem occurs again don't hesitate to make a note of it in this forum. I fixed a bug in the previous version of CacheMaid, that was a clear bug causing the error you first reported.

I just tried it again, and it is still working correctly. Looks great!

Hi onspot

I have a new problem. I just got a Samsung S5 and am runnin LP. When triying ot import a GPX file from the SD card I get the following error:

Error
2015-03-24 11:07:07
SAXParseException
Cannot perform this operation because a nested transaction is in progress

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot perform this operation because a nested transaction is in progress.
at
com.chachemaid.lib.i.a.endElement(Unknown Source)
at
org.apache.harmony.xml.ExpatParser.endElement(ExpatParser.java:156)
at
org.apache.harmony.xml.ExpatParser.appendBytes(Native Method)
at
org.apache.harmony.xml.ExpatParser.parseFragment(ExpatParser.java:513)
at
org.apache.harmony.xml.ExpatParser.parseDocument(ExpatParser.java:474)
at
org.apache.harmony.xml.ExpatParser.pars(ExpatReader.java:316)
at
org.apache.harmony.xml.ExpatParser.parse(ExpatReader.java:294)
at
javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(SAXParser.jave:390)
at
javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(SAXParser.java:326)
at com.cachemaid.lib.i.a.a(Unknown Source)
at com.cachemaid.lib.i.i.a(Unknown Source)
at com.cachemaid.lib.i.i.b(Unknown Source)
at
com.cachemail.lib.activities.p.run(Unknown Source)
atjava.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:818

Like previously, I am trying to import a gsak generated gpx file (found here)

Also, I now have a "Not licensed! Go online to verify that you ahve bought the full version to get rid of this message!"

How do I get rid of that? Where do I go online to do this? (I indeed paid for this app a year or so back.

PS I am using version 4.11

Edited by Andronicus

Update:

I was doing the import from within the app of an uncompressed gpx file. For some reason, I could't get the context menue to give me teh option for cachemaid when I would try to open the file from a file explorer.

I just tried compressing the file to a .zip, then the file explorer did give me the option to open it in CacheMaid. So I did, and it worked. the import went fine.

So, problem kind of fixed.

However, I am still looking for a solution to the license error.

OK, somehow that issue seems to have resulved itself. I don't know why...

Last question.

Often (more than 50% of the time) one or two of the map tiles will be incorrect, making for a garbled map.

Here is an example where only one tile is mixed up. I have put a red square around it to highlight the problem tile.

90d28d65-7c38-4aec-8136-4452f6370837.png

Hi,

I'm currently working on a new version of CacheMaid and there will be big changes internally since I have ditched the whole Eclipse development tool and I'm instead moving to the Android Studio, the new development tool from Google. The map software for offline maps will be upgraded and a lot of other issues will be fixed, for example adoptations to the changes to the API that have happened recently. Groundspeak has decreased the "page size" for different API calls so I have to fix that as well because this API change might cause CacheMaid to throw exceptions like "A maximum of 30 images allowed". I think this fenomena has affected other apps as well the last week. Another thing that is coming is support for Android 5.0 (Lollipop) and I have changed the themes logic so CacheMaid will use the new matherial design stuff, at least here and there.

This big change of the whole development environment has taken some time, I have been working with this on my spare time the last couple of months but I hope a new version will be out very soon. I'm currently testing everything now. Regarding your map problems I would recommend you to switch to offline maps! Go to the settings and select the offline maps functionality. You can download maps from almost every place on earth to your device from there and it works pretty well. The maps are downloaded in a vector format and will be drawn locally on your device. The map tiles will be cached so it will be very fast.

Regards,

Onspot alias Anders in Sweden

OK, somehow that issue seems to have resulved itself. I don't know why...

Last question.

Often (more than 50% of the time) one or two of the map tiles will be incorrect, making for a garbled map.

Here is an example where only one tile is mixed up. I have put a red square around it to highlight the problem tile.

90d28d65-7c38-4aec-8136-4452f6370837.png

Hi,

I'm currently working on a new version of CacheMaid and there will be big changes internally since I have ditched the whole Eclipse development tool and I'm instead moving to the Android Studio, the new development tool from Google. The map software for offline maps will be upgraded and a lot of other issues will be fixed, for example adoptations to the changes to the API that have happened recently. Groundspeak has decreased the "page size" for different API calls so I have to fix that as well because this API change might cause CacheMaid to throw exceptions like "A maximum of 30 images allowed". I think this fenomena has affected other apps as well the last week. Another thing that is coming is support for Android 5.0 (Lollipop) and I have changed the themes logic so CacheMaid will use the new matherial design stuff, at least here and there.

This big change of the whole development environment has taken some time, I have been working with this on my spare time the last couple of months but I hope a new version will be out very soon. I'm currently testing everything now. Regarding your map problems I would recommend you to switch to offline maps! Go to the settings and select the offline maps functionality. You can download maps from almost every place on earth to your device from there and it works pretty well. The maps are downloaded in a vector format and will be drawn locally on your device. The map tiles will be cached so it will be very fast.

Regards,

Onspot alias Anders in Sweden

The offline maps option is grayed out. What am I missing? Could it be a Lollipop compatibility issue?

Edited by Andronicus

The offline maps option is grayed out. What am I missing?

Are you using the Demo version? Offline maps are only available in the paid version!

Maybe this goes back to my earlyer question about the Licensing issue?

I have paid for the app, back in Jan 2013. I installed the full version, but at first, it had a Licence warning...

Maybe this goes back to my earlyer question about the Licensing issue?

I have paid for the app, back in Jan 2013. I installed the full version, but at first, it had a Licence warning...

Maybe you have switched your Google account since the app was purchased? If so then there is nothing I can do because this is how the Google licensing stuff works. I had this issue with another guy in Sweden who had bought the app using an old Google account, then he forgot the password and created a new Google account and therefore the licensing logic couldn't match his purchase with his new account. This is true for all paid apps that you buy from Google Play, they are tied to the account which was used when the purchases where done.

Another possibility would be that you are offline but that doesn't sound likely in your case. The paid version requires that you go online now and then because the app (or the licening stuff in the app) talks to Google and tries to verify that the app is bought by your current account. You can be offline for a rather long time but eventually you have to go online so the license could be verified.

Hmm... While I have got a new phone, I am still using the original google account. My phone is online all the time. Well, maybe I will just need to wait for the new version.

CacheMaid is still the only app that corretly imports this crazy gpx file. And it tracks found vs. unfound perfectly. So I will just be patient

Well, maybe I will just need to wait for the new version.

CacheMaid is still the only app that corretly imports this crazy gpx file. And it tracks found vs. unfound perfectly. So I will just be patient

Hi Andronicus,

Do you still have problems? The latest version 5.2 which has just been released is focusing on problems regarding the license verification logic.

Regards,

Anders alias onspot