New menu for language always opened

eitjes

After the update of today, half of my screen is occupied by a menu in which I can choose my desired language to view the site. In Internet Explorer this menu is always opened, in Firefox it looks like it should look (I think).

◦Browser: Internet Explorer 9.0.8112

◦Through the whole site

◦The complete list of languages is always visible

◦Only the chosen language should be visible (like in Firefox)

This is not a bug but an issue with the way browsers cache CSS from web sites. Things will display properly if you do a hard refresh in your browser or otherwise purge your browser cache.

I wonder why this would just start today? I will try another browser. I did refresh browswer and purge my browser cache. Didn't make a difference. Just sayin. I want to send in a cache for publishing, but I get an error past the first page.

CissyBrazil, are you saying you are receiving an error message, or simply that you are seeing the language list expanded on the page? If the latter, it is due to the CSS being cached in your browser. That will be an issue any time any site updates their CSS. If it is anything else, then you are experiencing something different than what was described by the OP.

I'm using Google Chrome on Windows Vista and it doesn't stay open. However, when I opened the site this morning it was all in whatever language that is that uses the symbols...Chinese? (excuse my ignorance) I didn't switch it to that and luckily knew where the button was to change it back. Hopefully, it will not be a different language each time I open the site.