Long Lived Travel Bugs

3Woofs

One of the replies to a topic I started on missing TB's mentioned, what about discussing the TB's that have done well. What an excellent idea! One of the first TB that I ever logged was "Whitebeard the Wandering Wizare" he was a 12 inch figurine and very cool. Reminded me of Gandalf and all of that. I retrieved him and moved him on. I also put him on a watchlist-- the only TB I have ever done that with. Whitebeard was set out on Christmas day in 2003 , I found him in 2011. He wandered around in his Wizardly way for 29059 miles. Finally he was put in a cache in March of last year and has not been heard from since. I would like to think that after a period of time that he might emerge again, from whatever Muggle hell he might be trapped in. He was old, he was cool and he did travel much.

Klingnau Kamera

I launched this one on Feb 2, 2003 with the goal of traveling from Michigan to Switzerland and back. Its route turned out to be fairly direct. Since it started in the early days of geocaching, there were some long stretches of inactivity. Several years ago, it was nearly home when it vanished with a newbie who picked it up then disappeared from the site. I figured it was lost. Then early this year, out of nowhere, it resurfaced in a brand new cache. In just a hop or two, it arrived at a cache 1/4 mile from my house, one day beyond the nine year anniversary of its launch.

It's been sitting on a shelf since it returned. I may still relaunch it and see how long it takes this time.

Edited by Dinoprophet