Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robynphd

Recommendations...

I currently am alternating between my iPhone app for caching and a Magellan Explorist 210 that I recently bought on Ebay. Its OK...I'm jealous of my friends Oregon honestly. Does anyone recommend a good GPS at a reasonable price...new or used...I'd love something with an audible alarm like the Oregon. I'll probably hand the Explorist to the kids if I can get a better unit for myself along with the iphone, aspects of which I kind of like!

Cheaper than the Oregon 450 is the Dakota 20. Still has most of everything that the Oregon has.

It is a tad smaller with a screen size of 2.6" as opposed to the 3" Oregon screen.

No Wherigo game

Just holds 2,000 gpx files as opposed to the Oregons 5,000.

other wise I think it is the same.

There is an Oregon 550 on sale at Cabelas right now for $299 ($150 off) I have seen the Oregon 450 sale for less then $200 at Cabelas from time to time, with Christmas coming up look for a sale but be ready to buy when you find a deal or they may sell out and usually no rainchecks

If you are not near a Cabelas store, the Oregon 550 is $299.99 at amazon.com at the present time ... recent price drop from $339.

Awesome gang, thanks! I'll look into the Dakota and look for sales at Cabela's...there is one relatively closeby, along with a Bass Pro Shop as well. Maybe if I'm a good girl for XMAS!!

The Explorist isn't bad, but I have GPS envy! LOL!

If you're interested in a used unit I just posted a Colorado for sale. Basically it is the same as the Oregon but doesn't have the touch screen, that said, the reason we are selling is because we got an Oregon :)