Caching on Game Lands

Klatch

Yeah, it depends on the wording of the law in each jurisdiction.

Michigan requires wearing of blaze orange only by those afield carrying firearms and engaged in hunting (at any time and on any land). There are some exceptions to that law, such as duck hunting and turkey hunting. Archery hunting is not applicable.

I was meandering yesterday through my wooded 50 acres. Even though my land and not hunting, I still wore a blaze vest. You just never know.....

Yeah, it depends on the wording of the law in each jurisdiction.

Michigan requires wearing of blaze orange only by those afield carrying firearms and engaged in hunting (at any time and on any land). There are some exceptions to that law, such as duck hunting and turkey hunting. Archery hunting is not applicable.

I was meandering yesterday through my wooded 50 acres. Even though my land and not hunting, I still wore a blaze vest. You just never know.....

Sound very similar.

I think all it says is that the required amount of orange needs to be worn by non-hunters during that one month period -- except on Sunday. That is very different than your OP.

Possibly of more importance is the paragraph about groups of ten or more. Large group cache hunts or event caches on Game Lands should be cleared with the land manager.

As a courtesy to this cooperative land manager, the PA Volunteer Cache Reviewers encourage owners of caches on State Game Lands to include reminder text about complying with these regulations - especially the part about wearing blaze orange during prime deer hunting season.

I think all it says is that the required amount of orange needs to be worn by non-hunters during that one month period -- except on Sunday. That is very different than your OP.

Possibly of more importance is the paragraph about groups of ten or more. Large group cache hunts or event caches on Game Lands should be cleared with the land manager.

As a courtesy to this cooperative land manager, the PA Volunteer Cache Reviewers encourage owners of caches on State Game Lands to include reminder text about complying with these regulations - especially the part about wearing blaze orange during prime deer hunting season.

Upon reading for comprehension, I agree.

Upon reading for comprehension, I agree.

Yes the state could have saved a lot of ink and paper by saying "You don't need to wear Orange on Sundays".

We have a note on Game Lands cache pages which reads, "Please observe SGL laws (seasons,orange requirements,etc)" and we temp disable them during the very busy two week rifle season, again with a note why.

I thought it odd though about the requirements to the 15th, as deer season's over the 8th, then reopens the 26th to Jan 12th for archery, and flintlock.

Next week is small game season again.

We often are in the woods caching during small game with our shotguns. Noticed a '00/'01 caching couple further NE have done the same.

- That "...two birds" thing. CJ says we're multitasking. ;)

Even if you do not legally have to wear orange while caching in the game lands, it is in your best interest to do so. Better to be safe. Now speaking as a cacher who is also an avid deer hunter, I would recommend just avoiding game lands during deer gun seasons. Not only will this keep you safe but it will also help you avoid that uncomfortable confrontation with the angry hunter who's hard work has just been ruined by someone searching for a plastic container.