Why isn't Virginia included?

vasinger

I was wondering- I notice Kentucky is included as "South" but not Virginia. Is there a reason for this? Also Texas should be in the Southwest forums. Texas is not the Southeast. Virginia is much more a Southern state than KY. But, that being said, If Virgina is "Mid Atlantic" then KY should be put in the "Midwest". Just saying.

Well then, if you follow the Mason-Dixon Line, Maryland and West Virginia should also be included.

Perhaps the Regional Forums were instituted by folks who don't care or worry about historical political divisions.

Texas.... well, it's big enough to be both SW and SE. Maybe it should be in a Regional category of its' own by that reasoning.

just sayin.......

1. Prior discussion of Virginia's placement led to the renaming of the "Northeast" forum as the "Mid-Atlantic" forum. With that change, well, you have to draw a line somewhere. Virginia could be grouped with Maryland and West Virginia; it could also be grouped with North Carolina. Geocachers don't pay much attention to political boundaries. :laughing:

2. A very vocal movement early in the history of the Groundspeak Forums led to the movement of Texas from the Southwest forum to the South and Southeast forum. I don't think Groundspeak wants to have that debate again!

3. If you do feel strongly about a state's placement in the regional forums, feel free to start a thread in the Feature Discussions/ Feature Requests forum. There's relatively recent precedent for moving a state in response to user feedback (Iowa moved to the Midwest Forum).