Nokia Lumia 800

rogue5

So I have had to stop using my iPhone 3GS as it finally gave up and is now in the Mazuma grave yard. So I have purchased a Nokia Lumia 800, an excellent phone, but that is not the reason for this post. I tried out an LG Windows phone, and was really impressed with the Groundspeak Geocaching Live application, I thought, as the Lumia 800 is such a superior phone, it would be even better. The app from the Windows Marketplace downloaded fine, it just fails to even get to the login screen each and every time I try to use it, I have tried removing it and re-installing it to no avail. Looking at the reviews on teh MArketplace it seems I am not the only one, please can someone give me an answer to this issue or can a fix be made for the app? As this is the only device I have at teh moment for Geocaching I really want this to work, my kids and I will be very dissapointed if we can't go out this weekend to go hunting.

Hey rogue5,

did you get the "official", paid app, which is about 8€ (so I suggest 5£) or the free app? I don´t know about the paid app, because I didn´t download it (too bad critics) but you might try an app, which I find pretty good an which officially goes together with Groundspeak now, that´s called "maloo Geocaching"...

Do you also have the problem of not being able to do Wherigo caches with WP7 and the Lumia 800?

Vote for my idea of a Wherigo player on WP7 developers page of Microsoft!

vote for the idea of an Wherigo player (posted by gcstieno)

Happy Hunting!

The Lumia 800 uses Windows 7.5, soon to be 7.8. The official Geocaching app from Groundspeak on the Windows Marketplace is free and now the bugs seem to be fixed on logging in it works really well. Not tried Wherigo's. I have just purchased an eTrex 10 though to make things better. Together they work really well, maps on phone, accuracy of the eTrex, on to a winner here.

I've got a Lumia 800 and use the free app.

It works fine, but I can't find how to input coordinates to navigate to (like when you go to a location and when you get there you work out the coordinates of the actual cache).

The only way I can see to do it is to go to the 'home screen' of the app which gives coordinates of current location, and wander around in ever-decreasing circles until I home in on the cahe location!

Can anyone help?