Geocahing Club in Mono County - Mammoth Lakes

rgrover91

I was trying to see if a group existed near or in Mammoth Lakes, and if not would anyone like to help me create and organize one in the Town of Mammoth Lakes. The nearest group I can find is in Ridgecrest which is 3 hours away, and it would be nice to have one in Mono County.

Thanks in advance,

Robert Grover

760-709-1332

rgrover91@gmail.com

I guess I will make the first move to create a club in Mammoth Lakes. I'm going to work on the particulars this weekend, and I will try to make a formal announcement next week for a "Meet and Greet". Anyone who is interested about doing this in the area can either post a response in this forum, call me at 760-709-1332 or e-mail " rgrover91@gmail.com ". I am open to any ideas about activities to do at this meeting and will welcome any helpers.

Robert Grover

I'm working on putting together a meet and greet on Tuesday, December 11 at 6PM in Mammoth Lakes. The main purpose of this event will to be to start a new Mammoth Lakes Geocaching Club. I'd like to get an idea of how many of you are planning to be there so I can make a reservation at a local restrauant for the evening. I'll be submitting an official request with Geocaching.com tomorrow.

I hope that there will be a good turn out for this event and that this club will take root and grow. This is really a great area for geocaching, and there are hundreds of caches in the area so it makes sense that there should be a local club in town rather then having to drive 3 hours south to Ridgecrest. Also, I will need to have a few people to handle certain club responsibities so please do plan to be there if possible.

If you have any questions or suggestions for me, please feel free to either call or email me.

Thank you,

Robert Grover

Rgrover91@gmail.com

Here is the details I submitted for this event...

Let's get together for some pizza, talk about starting a new geocaching club in Mammoth Lakes, and getting to know other geocachers that live in our area. Please bring cash or plastic if you want to eat.

We will meet at Giovanni's located at 437 Old Mammoth Road in Mammoth Lakes, CA. at 6 PM on Tuesday, December 11th. See you there!!!

Map coordinates:

N 37° 38.378 W 118° 57.865