Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
fredwa

GSAK

I love the geocaching.com site. I love the challenge of learning GSAK. Is there a way to merge the results of a day of geocaching from GSAK to my geocaching.com?

I spent a marvelously difficult day of geocaching at FLoridaFinders'Fest in the Ocala National Forest. I uploaded the finds from my GPSr to GSAK, and could see the caches that I had found. Is there a way for me to then merge the finds from the GSAK database to the geocaching.com website?

fredwa <_<

Thanks. I will print that out and study it. Gotta love GSAK, but it sure is a complex database.

Thanks. I will print that out and study it. Gotta love GSAK, but it sure is a complex database.

For sure, its got very steep learning curve that require too much time to learn.

I learned alot of things by searching around on the GSAK's forum. Very good information on their forum.

Yep, steep learning curve. I'm pretty good with computers, but found it a bit intimidating. Still don't know everything there is to know. Be sure to go through the tutorials available. And be sure to ask any questions on the forum before spending hours trying to figure something out. :ph34r:

Yep, steep learning curve. I'm pretty good with computers, but found it a bit intimidating. Still don't know everything there is to know. Be sure to go through the tutorials available. And be sure to ask any questions on the forum before spending hours trying to figure something out. :ph34r:

Regarding GSAK, there is probably only one person who knows everything there is to know, and two that know almost everything. The GSAK Support forum is probably the most responsive support forum around. If you have an issue, you will get an answer. If you find a bug, it'll usually be fixed by the next day, if not sooner. If you are confused by something you see on the screen, tell them and they'll reword it to make it easier to understand. If you have an idea to make it better, post it and you just may see it in the next update.

I have been using GSAK for several years and find it both intuitive and fairly easy to understand. There are many features but you do not need to use them all. Just like my Etrex. I have never used most of the features If you can create a new blank database and load a PQ to it, you're using GSAK. Everything else is just gravy.

Edited by ras_oscar

I have been using GSAK for several years and find it both intuitive and fairly easy to understand. There are many features but you do not need to use them all. Just like my Etrex. I have never used most of the features If you can create a new blank database and load a PQ to it, you're using GSAK. Everything else is just gravy.

That was basically how I started. Now I couldn't see caching without it.