Lost cachelogs

Keesen

Is it common that old cachelogs just get lost in Geocaching.com:s database..?

All of my old cachelogs are just lost somehowe...

Anyone more that have the same experiance?

When I go to your profile, I can see 71 pages of "found it" logs there, going back to 2010.

If you want to see ALL the logs you've posted, go to http://www.geocaching.com/my/default.aspx and click the "Geocaches" link under the area that says "Your Logs (Last 30 Days)

Show all logs for: Geocaches, Trackable Items, or Benchmarks"

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

When I go to your profile, I can see 71 pages of "found it" logs there, going back to 2010.

If you want to see ALL the logs you've posted, go to http://www.geocaching.com/my/default.aspx and click the "Geocaches" link under the area that says "Your Logs (Last 30 Days)

B.

I know that it looks like I started in 2010.

But I did start in 2001 but I did no caching for about seven years from 2003-2010.

And the caches before that is just gone from my finds.

B.

I know that it looks like I started in 2010.

But I did start in 2001 but I did no caching for about seven years from 2003-2010.

And the caches before that is just gone from my finds.

I'm just curious. You started caching again in 2010. Did the old cache finds disappear recently, were they missing when you started back up or you aren't sure and just noticed it?

Edited to put the question at the bottom rather than up in someone elses quote. OOPS!

Edited by Trinity's Crew

Don't you remember anything about any caches you found in the beginning of your caching career? Even the first cache you found? Do they actually request a complete list of all caches where logs are missing, or would it be enough to tell the names of some caches?

Anyway, you probably know pocket queries? You could try creating a query that gives a list of caches that were around at that time. I'd guess there were much less caches than today. It won't list archived caches, though.

So, something like this:

- You don't necessarily need to set a day for running the query. Using preview could be enough.

- Tick "I haven't found"

- Set the origin to point where you have cached at that time

- Set Placed During. Begin date should be as early as possible. (I wonder why you can select even year 1997...) End date could be the date when you started your long break, or an earlier date if the result cache list is too long.

- Submit the query, then use preview. Edit the query if necessary.

Hope that refreshes your memory.