lost geocaches from user profile

whereto

It seems that you have logged several caches more than once and it's possible that the cache owners are deleting the duplicate logs, which would decrease you count. You should get an email when this happens. Are you getting any emails from noreply@geocaching.com ? Check your spam folder.

It seems that you have logged several caches more than once and it's possible that the cache owners are deleting the duplicate logs, which would decrease you count. You should get an email when this happens. Are you getting any emails from noreply@geocaching.com ? Check your spam folder.

I know I've screwed up a couple of times. It's happened twice that I can recall. I really screwed up last year and duplicated several but deleted the duplications so it was correct. I have never received any deletion notifications. I know when I started to input my recent caches I had 783 and all was in order. I did duplicate two in the new caches and deleted the duplicates almost immediately. When I input those two I thought I hadn't hit the submit button but obviously I had and ended up duplicating them. During the process I noticed my count dropped to 741. With being a member since 2007 and only 783 caches it's obvious I'm not into "stretching" the numbers. It's just personally I was closing in on 800.

Thanks for any input.

Edited by whereto

I know I've screwed up a couple of times. It's happened twice that I can recall. I really screwed up last year and duplicated several but deleted the duplications so it was correct. I have never received any deletion notifications. I know when I started to input my recent caches I had 783 and all was in order. I did duplicate two in the new caches and deleted the duplicates almost immediately. When I input those two I thought I hadn't hit the submit button but obviously I had and ended up duplicating them. During the process I noticed my count dropped to 741. With being a member since 2007 and only 783 caches it's obvious I'm not into "stretching" the numbers. It's just personally I was closing in on 800.

Thanks for any input.

Please understand that I wasn't suggesting that you were logging duplicates to chase numbers. Some of the phone apps have been known to do it without the users knowledge. That was where I was heading. If you are getting emails from GC and you have no deletion notices, then something may be screwed up with your account. If you are a GSAK user, you can load a fresh My Finds PQ into an empty database, then sort it by date and try to see if something is missing. You can also d/l and run the Google Maps v3 GSAK macro which will give you a visual representation of all your finds. As an example, if you know you have found all ten caches on a trail and you only see eight icons, you can then bring up the missing two on the website and see if you have a log on those caches.

Okay, using GSAK, I just downloaded all of your logs. You have 783 LOGS. 736 Finds, 34 DNFs and 6 notes. Where exactly in your profile did you see the number 783?

Actually, I need to correct this. You have 742 Found logs, (I was counting the number of caches that had found logs, not how many actual logs). The following six caches have two found logs in them:

GC1KGQ8

GC19AWE

GC3D7MT

GCN91Q

GC37C67

GC19F5A

Some of these are identical and some are blank, so I'm guessing a phone app issue.

Okay, using GSAK, I just downloaded all of your logs. You have 783 LOGS. 736 Finds, 34 DNFs and 6 notes. Where exactly in your profile did you see the number 783?

I did not take any offence whatsoever to what you had said.

When I log on, in the top right corner where it shows your username and membership status, it also show the smiley face and the number of caches. In my case it was 783 until I added the last 15. I'll do the GSAK thing and see if I recognize any missing