It's annoying when someone finds a cache

ayrbrain

]

Straight after you have spent wayyyyyyyyy too long searching for the very same one, not once but twice!. :( As happened today grrrrrr.

It is even more annoying when their log says

EASY FIND TFTC

Don't forget when you look and look 10 times or more, can't find it then in the space of a month 3 new cachers each find it.

Straight after you have spent wayyyyyyyyy too long searching for the very same one, not once but twice!. :( As happened today grrrrrr.

You should have teamed up with Ayrshirelass who was todays finder as it would seem they failed on the one you found which I assume is nearby.

I also find it amusing when the subsequent finder states...'spotted this one as we approached' or ' found this one out in the open so concealed it a little better'.

Went looking for five caches today. The only one we found was a 3.5/5. No luck on the 1.5/1, 1.5/2. Of course, there is a lot of storm damage from Hurricane Sandy. That's my excuse!

Yeah. We tried a series of 12 caches. Four of us. 10 easy finds. One tough one. One we could not find after a half hour of searching. Everyone else (including those after us) said: Easy find!

Don't forget when you look and look 10 times or more, can't find it then in the space of a month 3 new cachers each find it.

Yep, I've got a nemesis like that. I lost count of how many visits I made, but it was at least 10 over the course of a couple of years. There were lots of DNFs and find logs from cachers who said they needed several visits to find it, but there were also the following logs:

"First Cache!"

"Finally found my first cache!!!!"

"" (yeah, that's a blank log!)

"Found this cache after a short search."

"My geo-senses showed me the way to a quick find."

At least I finally found it and got that darned thing off my map!

There was one cache that we almost posted a DNF. It was hanging in a tree. We spent a good long time looking for it. I was in amongst the branches when I decided to give up. I spread the branches to speak to Mrs. Cat and said, "I don't think it's here". Mrs. Cat gave me a funny look since the cache was dangling right beside my ear.

There have been many 1/1's we fail to come up with....hard to explain....you go back and walk right up to it.

I been to one that I still cant find! Yes, its way under rated. UGH!!

http://coord.info/GC1HGVX

Yeah, that's a great one. It's a 1/1 yet has 24 DNFs and 49 finds with a lot of them having a tough time. At least you're not alone in this one.

There was one cache I DNFed that was a 1.5 and everyone before and after me seemed to have no problem. The annoying thing was I found a 4 difficulty cache right after it, then went back later and still couldn't find it. After many newbies raved about its simplicity I didn't log the next DNF.

I hate when a cache is not correctly rated

or not correctly replaced..

that is what causes this kind of problems !!

if it is a D1-2 and T-1-2

and you are not a noob, you should be able to find it in a few secs to a few mins..

else ALWAYS write a DNF

and remember to give up fast, since it can be gone,

ask CO to perform check, and re do the D/T if cache is at correct location.

Edited by OZ2CPU

A couple months ago, for the first time, I managed to be the guy with the "Nice easy Find" after several people DNFed a cache.

I don't let that bug me. I kind of find it funny.

I never say "easy find". But I will say "quick find" (if it was quick). I find it less annoying...

I was trying to be 'annoying', it was my 'payback' for all the times it happend to me.

Here is the log. Took me a while to find as it was longer ago than I thought.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=84cec800-5a08-4744-8334-f82f899aed25

Quick find! .... I always wanted to say that after some DNFs, and finally got my chance :)

Lovely spot. Thanks to bringing me to this spot.

Re my post at top. We had met the CO by chance yesterday whilst we were doing his chirp one He gave us a hint to the cache one we couldn't find earlier. :blink: So after the chirp one back we go and still couldn't find the cache, it is there because he checked on his way back. We must have had thick heads on yesterday. :huh:

In saying that........today in Glasgow we had a great caching/challenge time.

Edited by Keystone

about two weeks ago, I went out with a friend to get a FTF, we spent 30 min looking and came up empty. Another local cacher came by shortly after and scooped up the FTF. GRRRRR

grrrr I had this happen.

I searched with another cacher for a FTF for an hour. I looked in one place many times. I didn't have a mirror. I was convinced that had to be the spot, but as much as I searched there, I couldn't it. The other cacher couldn't either.

We finally gave up.

Upon searching again later, twice I searched and looked again in "that spot." DNF.

Finally I talked to one of the many finders. Yes, it is exactly where I thought it was and couldn't find it there many times.

I'm going out and buying a mirror this week <_<

As a CO of about 50 caches I often get people looking for personal hints. Then when I give them they say things like "Easy Find". I think they are using some program like GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) and logging multiple caches at the same time using the same phrase. Often just TFTC. And often found with a team. I hate it. I am devious. I now go to great lengths to make hard to find caches that even the numbers cachers with thousands found will have trouble finding.

I also make easy ammo can type caches for older folks and kids who like caching. I say so in my write ups.

There was one cache that we almost posted a DNF. It was hanging in a tree. We spent a good long time looking for it. I was in amongst the branches when I decided to give up. I spread the branches to speak to Mrs. Cat and said, "I don't think it's here". Mrs. Cat gave me a funny look since the cache was dangling right beside my ear.

Had that happen to me once. Was searching for a micro with 2 caching pals. After looking for 20 minutes, I turned to one friend and said" let's move on, I don't think it's here" to which friend replied "yes it is", and literally plucked it from 4 inches in front of my nose. It was hanging from monofiliment in the middle of space.

There was a cache that we DNFd twice, with lots of "Easy find", "Picked this one off on my way home from work", etc. in between. After the second DNF we emailed the cache owner (a friend) for a hint. "A fake rock in the rock pile"! DOH .. we looked everywhere but there!

So, armed with the hint, we took a couple of folks on their very first caching excursion. Thought we'd wow them with our caching expertise!

Yep, you guessed it. WE COULDN"T FIND IT AGAIN! Turns out that this time it was really missing! :blink:

There was a cache that we DNFd twice, with lots of "Easy find", "Picked this one off on my way home from work", etc. in between. After the second DNF we emailed the cache owner (a friend) for a hint. "A fake rock in the rock pile"! DOH .. we looked everywhere but there!

So, armed with the hint, we took a couple of folks on their very first caching excursion. Thought we'd wow them with our caching expertise!

Yep, you guessed it. WE COULDN"T FIND IT AGAIN! Turns out that this time it was really missing! :blink:

Yeah, sure.

grrrr I had this happen.

I searched with another cacher for a FTF for an hour. I looked in one place many times. I didn't have a mirror. I was convinced that had to be the spot, but as much as I searched there, I couldn't it. The other cacher couldn't either.

We finally gave up.

Upon searching again later, twice I searched and looked again in "that spot." DNF.

Finally I talked to one of the many finders. Yes, it is exactly where I thought it was and couldn't find it there many times.

I'm going out and buying a mirror this week <_<

Front facing camera on a smartphone also works well for this.

I've found a couple of magnetic nanos in the end of guardrails with this method.

Back in 2002 a newspaper reporter and photographer tagged along on a cache hunt for an article on geocachng the reporter was writing. We hiked a mile to the cache site with the photog snapping photos of me as if I was Madonna.

We get to the cache site and I search for over a half hour to no avail. The photographer put down his camera and helped but still nothing. I had to DNF it.

Two days later a new geocacher found the cache. It was her first find.

Yeah, sure.

:lol:

It's TRUE Scout's Honour! The cache owner went and checked, and told us he had put a temporary nearby while he got another fake rock. We went out and nabbed it before he could put it in one of those *(#&^@% rocks! :D

Ugh. I hate that... I had that happen in Mexico... Pages of "QEF" type logs. My wife and I spent nearly an hour looking for it... We even met up with another group of cachers... No luch. We finally called it a DNF. I felt better once I got back home, and could see that the logs after me are all DNF's. But, at the time, I really wanted that find!

amen to that... i have one 50 meters from my work place that i have looked for about 6 times now. everyone else seems to get it but i cant find it! lol!

just keep looking i guess.

amen to that... i have one 50 meters from my work place that i have looked for about 6 times now. everyone else seems to get it but i cant find it! lol!

You could always turn into Creepy Stalker Dude. Take some time off work, buy a battered lawn chair, a tattered blanket, some stinky clothes. Hand draw a sign that says "Will work for smileys". Then sit nearby till the next finder locates it. Rush up and ask them to add your name to the log. :lol::ph34r:

50 meters? :D How about getting everybody from work out to help you? Offer them donuts or something.