Fonts

Orosman

Hello all

I recently placed a spooky cache for halloween 2012 and I think it needs a bit more of a spooky look (even if it is just for the FTF honers)

I would like to change it to something like "chiller" in microsoft word but I can't seem to change it to any font

can anyone help me with the correct HTML coding and which fonts geocaching.com accepts

Thanks for your time

Hello all

I recently placed a spooky cache for halloween 2012 and I think it needs a bit more of a spooky look (even if it is just for the FTF honers)

I would like to change it to something like "chiller" in microsoft word but I can't seem to change it to any font

can anyone help me with the correct HTML coding and which fonts geocaching.com accepts

Thanks for your time

Don't think Groundspeak limits fonts, they'll prevent font changes entirely, or allow all. It should be noted, that using HTML to change the font only works if the person viewing the page has the font installed on their computer.

Replace TEXT with whatever you want.

<font face="chiller">TEXT!</font>

Another option if you want to add spooky font that everyone would be able to see is open up MSPaint or some other image editor and write your message there. Then you can upload the image and the font will be preserved. I wouldn't recommend doing this for large amounts of text, but a banner with the cache name or something will have no problems.

Keep in mind that no one will see your "chiller" font unless they have it installed on their system as well. You could use an image of text for a few headings if you're really set on people seeing your font, but don't use images of text for blocks of body text. And be aware that Groundspeak strips alt attributes, so make sure the description makes sense even when people can't see your images (e.g., when viewing cache descriptions on a paperless GPSr).