terrain ratings

RangerRicksClan

I just finished hiking the Zion NP Angels landing. The most dangerous hike so they say...I wanted a level 4 stat.

I don't understand how a cache so death defying is a 4 when it appears I have 2 4.5 caches already and don't know what they are or remember them.

How do I find out?

I realize the terrain rating is up to the co, and a lot of reasons why they choose what they do.

Last summer I climbed to high camp at olympic village in Lake Tahoe, on a broken foot (didn't know). The terrain was with the assumption one took the ski lift. it was a 1.5 rating and took me hours and was very exhausting physically. There should be a way to get permission for the alternative.

Anyway, I want to know which caches I got were 4.5 and I could have fallen to my death on a 4. :}

thanks

I don't understand how a cache so death defying is a 4 when it appears I have 2 4.5 caches already and don't know what they are or remember them.

You don't remember them because you haven't found any terrain 4.5 caches. :laughing:

I'm not sure where you're seeing that you did, but both your stats page and your list of finds tell me your highest terrain ever found was 4, done twice before your most recent endeavour.

Anyway, I want to know which caches I got were 4.5 and I could have fallen to my death on a 4. :}

thanks

There's a nearby lamppost cache listed as a D4 because there are muggles. Do you think I can ask a reviewer to do anything about it?

Stick with finding caches you want to find and forget about the stat glory. And I would also recommending checking your pinkie toe from time to time. Especially when it hurts. I know mine does on a long trail.

Edited by BlueDeuce

Go to the list of caches you have found and click on the "T" at the top of the terrain column. This will sort the list by terrain rating. If desired, click the "T" again to sort in reverse order.

Ah, thank you for the help. I appreciated the link too. :}

I see. I had to climb a park tree about 10 ft up for a 4,

climb a sandstone rock formation that was like the "easy' part of Angels Landing....for a 4

Again I say, Angels Landing (4) should be rated higher! :} (or the others lowered, but they certainly are not the same).

thanks

There's a nearby lamppost cache listed as a D4 because there are muggles. Do you think I can ask a reviewer to do anything about it?

Stick with finding caches you want to find and forget about the stat glory. And I would also recommending checking your pinkie toe from time to time. Especially when it hurts. I know mine does on a long trail.

I did want the hike, the cache was the carrot. :}

Broke foot. Could barely get it in my hiker shoe it was so swollen, but when I did, it felt better. Hiking didn't hurt. Taking hiker shoe off did. Needless to say, hiking felt better than lounging, so I hiked. :}

thanks

I did want the hike, the cache was the carrot. :}

Broke foot. Could barely get it in my hiker shoe it was so swollen, but when I did, it felt better. Hiking didn't hurt. Taking hiker shoe off did. Needless to say, hiking felt better than lounging, so I hiked. :}

I hear ya, on both topics.