Events

TeamAguirre

Hi, I'm new to browsing the site and always get emails about event's that people have attended but how do I find out about all the event's before they are already over? I would love to attend some of them but for some reason can't find out where to find them at. Any help would be appreciated :D

There are many ways to find events:

1. The event calendar

2. If you go to your Profile Page, on the right-side in the 4th section down (Search Options) is a link that says "List newest in [Your home state here]". If you look at that list, events that haven't happened yet will be at the top. Look at the "Placed" column for the date the event will be held.

3. The Weekly Newsletter. If you go to Your Account Details page, then click Change on the "Your Validated E-Mail Addresses" section, you can tick the very-ambiguously-worded "I want to receive fun and helpful emails from Geocaching.com" box to receive the newsletter. The newsletter will have a list of all future events that have been published within 200 miles of your home location, sorted by the date they're being held.

4. Since you're a Premium Member, you can set up an Instant Notification for the publishing of new events.

5. Create a Pocket Query for events, within a specified distance of a point or within a region, and set the date range to be between the current date and some far-off future date. That way it won't show you events that have already happened.

Hi, I'm new to browsing the site and always get emails about event's that people have attended but how do I find out about all the event's before they are already over? I would love to attend some of them but for some reason can't find out where to find them at. Any help would be appreciated :D

1. The event calendar

2. If you go to your Profile Page, on the right-side in the 4th section down (Search Options) is a link that says "List newest in [Your home state here]". If you look at that list, events that haven't happened yet will be at the top. Look at the "Placed" column for the date the event will be held.

3. The Weekly Newsletter. If you go to Your Account Details page, then click Change on the "Your Validated E-Mail Addresses" section, you can tick the very-ambiguously-worded "I want to receive fun and helpful emails from Geocaching.com" box to receive the newsletter. The newsletter will have a list of all future events that have been published within 200 miles of your home location, sorted by the date they're being held.

4. Since you're a Premium Member, you can set up an Instant Notification for the publishing of new events.

5. Create a Pocket Query for events, within a specified distance of a point or within a region, and set the date range to be between the current date and some far-off future date. That way it won't show you events that have already happened.

Thank You Very Much I really appreciate your quick response!! :)

1. The event calendar

Why are you getting emails about events that you did not attend or not know about prior to the event being held? I'm rather confused by that. You would typically only being getting emails for events (or any cache) if you had placed it on your watch list.