Platinum Membership

Second, I want at least $5 (preferably $10-15) of my annual membership to go to my local reviewer. They deserve it!!

Reviewers should be the first to get Platinum membership - and they should get it for free!

Reviewers don't need Platinum membership. They're already are at a much higher level, and even have their own private forums. It's like offering a knighthood to a king.

Second, I want at least $5 (preferably $10-15) of my annual membership to go to my local reviewer. They deserve it!!

Reviewers should be the first to get Platinum membership - and they should get it for free!

Reviewers don't need Platinum membership. They're already are at a much higher level, and even have their own private forums. It's like offering a knighthood to a king.

Okay, well just so long as they are getting something above and beyond. They deserve it! :D

Ok. Top 5.

1. View archived caches

2. See who is watching your cache

3. Cache review fast-track

4. Google Maps back in full effect on the site

5. Ability to choose your own GC code for your next placement

Take down #3. Replace with:

Be able to see a record of what caches a Reviewer has published when you look at their account.

I would pay $10.00 extra to "exclude caches found by username _______________" on PQ's and also to exclude any cache by certain CO's. Maybe even $20 extra.
Can't figure out the exclude "found by"...cooties?
I don't think it's cooties. I think it's an aid for planning group trips. You might want a list of caches that no one in the group has found.
I would pay $10.00 extra to "exclude caches found by username _______________" on PQ's and also to exclude any cache by certain CO's. Maybe even $20 extra.
I don't think it's cooties. I think it's an aid for planning group trips. You might want a list of caches that no one in the group has found.

That makes sense. We're a couple of loners so it didn't click.

The WP7 app already allows for this. The Android and iOS may also, but I have not tried these ones. ( I use NeonGeo on my Android)

The WP7 app already allows for this. The Android and iOS may also, but I have not tried these ones. ( I use NeonGeo on my Android)

The API sllows you do this now. In GSAK I can get caches with "not found by" and "exclude owned by" lists.

One thing I didn't see yet mentioned:

Priority when submitting a cache. If I had my way, platinum caches would be bumped immediately to the head of the line. Publishing within 30 minutes would be great too.

True story: I submitted my latest platinum puzzle cache 8 hours ago and apparently our reviewers are busy publishing member and PMO caches (and maybe having a life too). The outrage! :mad:

Edited by The_Incredibles_

Priority when submitting a cache. If I had my way, platinum caches would be bumped immediately to the head of the line. Publishing within 30 minutes would be great too.

True story: I submitted my latest platinum puzzle cache 8 hours ago and apparently our reviewers are busy publishing member and PMO caches (and maybe having a life too). The outrage! :mad:

I'm your new reviewer, problem is, you submitted a puzzle cache. :laughing:

I didn't think reviewers were allowed to have a life outside of geocaching.

How about...

5. Opportunities for more icons. For example: the ability to log a Locationless cache ;) ; nearby Groundspeak Block Party, Groundspeak HQ, Groundspeak Lost and Found Celebration, and Project APE listings ;) ;) ; nearby Mega-Event listings that won't be jammed with hundreds of people ;) ;) ;) .

4. Relaxed saturation guidelines for 1 hide per year. :ph34r:

Okay, so those two weren't serious. But the rest are.

3. Enhanced PQs, with the ability to include/exclude caches owned by a particular account (e.g., the account used for a numbers run trail) or found by a particular account (e.g., identifying caches neither I nor my geocaching friends have found).

2. Enhanced corrected coordinates that affect all geocaching.com maps, and that appear in PQs.

1. A system that correlates my Favorites with those of others and suggests caches that were enjoyed by people with preferences similar to my own.

I always believed that there should be a third tier to membership but not so much by adding extra features to it per say, but by requiring a minimum amount of caches that need to be found first in order to join it. I would put that number at 2,000 or higher. My rational for this is the amount of missing trackables that everybody experiences when finding caches. If people could place caches where only people with this membership criteria could find them, then I believe that there would be a decrease in missing trackables and an increase in cache quality because by the time a person reaches 2,000 or more caches, they are pretty invested in the sport and realize the importance of moving trackables along, cache upkeep, and cache quality... What do you all think?

Here we go agian.

So 2 days on power trails makes for an experienced cacher?

I always believed that there should be a third tier to membership but not so much by adding extra features to it per say, but by requiring a minimum amount of caches that need to be found first in order to join it. I would put that number at 2,000 or higher. My rational for this is the amount of missing trackables that everybody experiences when finding caches. If people could place caches where only people with this membership criteria could find them, then I believe that there would be a decrease in missing trackables and an increase in cache quality because by the time a person reaches 2,000 or more caches, they are pretty invested in the sport and realize the importance of moving trackables along, cache upkeep, and cache quality... What do you all think?

Here we go agian.

Good in theory, bad in practice. There are enough COs that don't check their online against physical logs that an armchair logger could get to 2000 before they had their morning coffee.

How about a geocaching test... kinda like a boyscout merit badge. You get to be a premium member and move trackables after you have demonstrated profeciency by passing a written and practical test.... no, wait..... how about a geocaching license. See, you get a permit, then cache for 3 months under an experienced cacher, THEN you take the test...

Sorry, I've been reading the forums too long. Most of these things have already been discussed.

:D

Edited by ras_oscar
Here we go agian.

And more than 10 years of backcountry geocaching doesn't make for an experienced geocacher?

Since we're pipe dreaming:

Rutherfordium Level Membership

1. Self-Review and Publish

2. Part-Ownership in Groundspeak

3. Flux Capacitor Feature lets you contact AWOL COs anytime, anywhere

4. $30 free stuff from shop dot geocaching dot com and one free vanity TB code.

5. Unique User Icon next to user id in listings