search for a cacher, wild cards in search.

pscwmoms

Yes, a sad story of two travel bugs.

TB57652

TB3BJQ9

As the story goes I was given these two from a friend who picked the up in OK. I took the to Cassville MO. Where I was teaching a class for Wonder of Wildlife (WOW). They also teach geocaching. I'm think this is a good spot cachers are here and I can keep these TBs moving. The first one is in a race.

After my class was done, I meet two cacher. Here's my chance. They agree to take and place them. My fault I did not mark there name on my class sheet. There they go. So as you can guess the bug are stuck for two weeks +. So now I will call the WOW and try to look this couple up.

So I have real names is there a way to search for real names? Or if they use part of there real name in their caching name is there a wild card?

Like *Smith* to find names with smith in them? Or %smith% for a search?

Anyone know the wildcard or ? in searching the site? I would like to know for the future too.....

No, there's no way to find a cacher's caching account name if you only have their real name.

If you think that they may have used their surname as part of the account name you could try putting it into the link below - it'll give you account names which contain that word - but it will probably be a long, tedious process:

Find a user

Were there any other clues? Like - where they live? Have they placed an caches in their town etc?

MrsB

Yes, a sad story of two travel bugs.

TB57652

TB3BJQ9

As the story goes I was given these two from a friend who picked the up in OK. I took the to Cassville MO. Where I was teaching a class for Wonder of Wildlife (WOW). They also teach geocaching. I'm think this is a good spot cachers are here and I can keep these TBs moving. The first one is in a race.

After my class was done, I meet two cacher. Here's my chance. They agree to take and place them. My fault I did not mark there name on my class sheet. There they go. So as you can guess the bug are stuck for two weeks +. So now I will call the WOW and try to look this couple up.

So I have real names is there a way to search for real names? Or if they use part of there real name in their caching name is there a wild card?

Like *Smith* to find names with smith in them? Or %smith% for a search?

Anyone know the wildcard or ? in searching the site? I would like to know for the future too.....

Are you a GSAK user? You could run PQs for the area that they live in, put it in GSAK and then filter for Placed by Name contains smith, etc. That assumes that they own a cache.

By the way, what does "I will call the WOW"?

I see double visit logs as well (two on each TB).

Once the current holders grab them their nicks will show, maybe!

Edit: Just a thought, keep a copy of the Tracking Numbers before that happens, just in case you need it later. Also which cache you found it in (or person you grabbed it from, since you did grab it).

I didn't see you logged the cache it was recorded as being in so it was something else on at least one of them... same might be true of the other TB as well.

Doug 7rxc

Edited by 7rxc