Mingo gone again?

jellis

Oh no, here we go again. Will there be throw-down micros? Will there be 100 notes posted to the cache page? Will a mysterious sock puppet replace it, and claim it as their first and only find? Will an individual with a lifetime forum ban call the County Highway department to secure permission for the sock puppet's replacement? Let the drama begin.

P.S. I say archive it. :ph34r:

Edited by Mr.Yuck

Did someone post date from when concrete was there? Just saw a log saying filled with concrete with today's date.

Does that mean that all those trackables were in there when the concrete was poured?

Why, oh why, would people put trackables in this cache? :( How could they not be aware of this cache's history?

This one should have been archived long ago. Why has it been receiving such special treatment for so long?

B.

Did someone post date from when concrete was there? Just saw a log saying filled with concrete with today's date.

Does that mean that all those trackables were in there when the concrete was poured?

Why, oh why, would people put trackables in this cache? :( How could they not be aware of this cache's history?

This one should have been archived long ago. Why has it been receiving such special treatment for so long?

B.

If it was a cacher just trying to destroy Mingo maybe they have a conscious they may have removed them and if maybe someone watches some will to see if they get moved.

B.

If it was a cacher just trying to destroy Mingo maybe they have a conscious they may have removed them and if maybe someone watches some will to see if they get moved.

I am sure that most of those trackables were not acctualy in there. The oldest cache in Canada is "full" of trackables, but in reality, there is only 1 or 2.

B.

I am sure that most of those trackables were not acctualy in there. The oldest cache in Canada is "full" of trackables, but in reality, there is only 1 or 2.

Coin activity has been as recent as October 25th and 26th, just 2 days before the recent DNF.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=bebfafc7-bae2-4f26-b3e7-1f9216caae07

One hopes that the trackables have survived.

Perhaps the cache owner could do a physical check and take the necessary steps regarding the cache and the trackables inventory.

B.

I say archive it.

Yup. Time to let it go.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you:

BEVERLY. The worlds oldest active cache.

Nope. GC12 has Beverly beat by a day.

Thats really a good cache to do beside being one of the oldest caches. If you do that cache, make sure you do this one as well. Its Oregon's 3rd oldest cache. Look in the gallery and its really beautiful place to be.

BTW, these caches are well maintenance by people that are still in the game.

Edited by SwineFlew

I have to agree with many of these people in here that its time to archived it and move on. The main reason is because the CO isn't really in the game and only the cachers are putting throw down to keep it going which that shouldnt be.

As I recall, you said that last time as well... before the CO put down his own replacement.

I have to agree with many of these people in here that its time to archived it and move on. The main reason is because the CO isn't really in the game and only the cachers are putting throw down to keep it going which that shouldnt be.

He may not but did log in just last month. There are many and I believe it has been brought up cachers who place caches but don't find them. Just because he is not playing doesn't mean he doesn't get involved.

Also the one who said POURED concrete. The DNF cacher said " We found GZ but it seems to be filled in with some sort of concrete."

It could be like last time but not real concrete but the kind used with garden pavers. You can see by the photo it doesn't look like concrete.

I say archive it.

Yup. Time to let it go.

Thats really a good cache to do beside being one of the oldest caches. If you do that cache, make sure you do this one as well. Its Oregon's 3rd oldest cache. Look in the gallery and its really beautiful place to be.

Well Shoot! If you going to do GC17 too why waste the trip and also do GC16 which is not far from GC17 and GC12 and is older then GC17. We did all three in one day. Oops two days but we could have done it in one but we drove all the way from the Sound.

Edited by jellis

I say archive it.

Yup. Time to let it go.

Well Shoot! If you going to do GC17 too why waste the trip and also do GC16 which is not far from GC17 and GC12 and is older then GC17. We did all three in one day. Oops two days but we could have done it in one but we drove all the way from the Sound.

I did all three of those in one day last year. Alot of hiking but fun. Nice day with no rain.

I always wanted to find the oldest active cache in the world, just been biding my time till it's on the west coast.

If GC12 becomes the oldest cache, those that leave in the U.S. East of Mingo will have to travel 1000 miles further to find the oldest active cache in the world.

Well worth the trip, they can find the tribute plaque and visit HQ all in one trip.

I always wanted to find the oldest active cache in the world, just been biding my time till it's on the west coast.

If GC12 becomes the oldest cache, those that leave in the U.S. East of Mingo will have to travel 1000 miles further to find the oldest active cache in the world.

Well worth the trip, they can find the tribute plaque and visit HQ all in one trip.

Visiting HQ worth the trip? We were treated like we were an inconvenience when I was there last summer.

Visiting HQ worth the trip? We were treated like we were an inconvenience when I was there last summer.

Did you make an appointment first? They are busy and the site mentions they prefer certain days for visits and advises you to let them know you are coming. I went before the many moves and got pictures of our group as they were doing the 50 state challenge. They did that challenge in about 12 days and it would have been shorter if they didn't make stops at events put on for them.

Did you make an appointment first? They are busy and the site mentions they prefer certain days for visits and advises you to let them know you are coming. I went before the many moves and got pictures of our group as they were doing the 50 state challenge. They did that challenge in about 12 days and it would have been shorter if they didn't make stops at events put on for them.

I haven't done HQ yet but have gone to the plaque and did the tunnel of light (awesome) just after the A.P.E. cache was stolen :mad:

I'm waiting till they bribe me wit a moun10bike geocoin to come down. :santa:

But yes, you do need to make a reservation.

Edited by Roman!

Yep. But thanks for asking. My visit was exactly on their terms and they still showed no emotion for us icon addicts.

Mingo was muggled a month ago with all of the trackables stolen. The cachers who found it reportedly fixed it at the time.

Archival will only reward the obsessed DB who is trashing it. It should be fixed.

Wow, 4WF is correct. Mingo was muggled on 10/7/12, on what was a very busy weekend for it (geocoinfest weekend in Denver). MustangJoni found the round bucket in the morning, and the very next finder had to replace the cache. It also appears that was when the hole was filled with concrete, but enough room was left for a rectangular lock-n-lock.

"Mingo is my one and only find" sock puppet guy replaced the bucket 3/17/12. It looks like that clone of the original container lasted about 7 1/2 months.

Here is evidence the hole in which Mingo sat was filled in on 10/7/12, not yesterday. JoyfulNomad's log

I haven't done HQ yet but have gone to the plaque and did the tunnel of light (awesome) just after the A.P.E. cache was stolen :mad:

I'm waiting till they bribe me wit a moun10bike geocoin to come down. :santa:

But yes, you do need to make a reservation.

I got lucky and visited the Ape cache twice before the tunnel closed and the cache was stolen

Oh no, here we go again. Will there be throw-down micros? Will there be 100 notes posted to the cache page? Will a mysterious sock puppet replace it, and claim it as their first and only find? Will an individual with a lifetime forum ban call the County Highway department to secure permission for the sock puppet's replacement? Let the drama begin.

P.S. I say archive it. :ph34r:

And now it starts!!!! Someone posted the dreaded NA. I didn't do it.

You can still see the bucket. Just fix it, log it and move on.

The problem is the CO doesnt fix it fast enough. Many people are planning to do that cache for months and some are likely on the road on the way to it and not aware of what going on right now. This is why alot of people do the throw down method because they want that smiley that bad!

Edited by SwineFlew

The problem is the CO doesnt fix it fast enough. Many people are planning to do that cache for months and some are likely on the road on the way to it and not aware of what going on right now. This is why alot of people do the throw down method because they want that smiley that bad!

I wasn't thinking CO. Am I the only one who keeps a mallet in the trunk?

I wasn't thinking CO. Am I the only one who keeps a mallet in the trunk?

Yep you are, I carry a chainsaw once a while but I dont think that would help in this case. :ph34r: