Found numbers gone down

Sickpit

Hello all,

Just today after doing a few caches I noticed that my total fins have gone down by 17 caches. I only notice because I only recently got to 500 finds. Today would have been 502.

I was looking through my recent finds but could not find any missing. Please could anyone tell me if there is any way of finding out which ones have gone.

Does a cache being arcieved remove your find?

Thanks

Simon AKA Sickpit

If a cache owner deletes your log, you receive a notification of this via email. Be sure to check your spam folder.

I confirmed on your profile page that you have 483 finds as of now, so this rules out several common errors.

Archived caches are still included in your find count; the only impact is that you need to use the special "My Finds" pocket query to get the archived finds included in a pocket query for offline reference.

Do you happen to have an older saved "My Finds" pocket query that shows all 500 finds? If you did, the GSAK gurus here could help you.

Hello all,

Just today after doing a few caches I noticed that my total fins have gone down by 17 caches. I only notice because I only recently got to 500 finds. Today would have been 502.

I was looking through my recent finds but could not find any missing. Please could anyone tell me if there is any way of finding out which ones have gone.

Thanks

Simon AKA Sickpit

A cache that is archived does not affect your "finds" stats.

Have you been logging your finds by phone? Unless a lot of your "found it" logs have been deleted by cache owners, that might be the problem.

The stats on your profile suggest that you have logged "found it" more than once on a cache (or caches):

Sickpit has found 483 caches (478 distinct) since 06/06/2011.

Sounds like you need to run the special "My Finds" query to sort out the duplicate logs of finds that you have logged at least. See this thread:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=302694

2.1. An Introduction to Pocket Queries

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=117

A special query is available, My Finds. This query is found at the bottom of the Pocket Query page, in the grey background pane. It will return all the caches you have found, with no limit on that number, and it will return archived caches. It will return all of your log entries on those caches.

http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/

B.

Hi,

Thanks for getting back so quick. I have not used pocket queries yet. Just tried to drag my finds but it asked for a key or to purchase did not want to do either.

With regards to any previous saves on queries as I have not used it in the past I dont have any but I do have a now rather strange looking log celebrating my 500th find.

Ahh well.... it's not as if i'm going to give up caching anyway.. Heres to many many more miles

Thanks

Simon aka sickpit

Hi,

Thanks for getting back so quick. I have not used pocket queries yet. Just tried to drag my finds but it asked for a key or to purchase did not want to do either.

With regards to any previous saves on queries as I have not used it in the past I dont have any but I do have a now rather strange looking log celebrating my 500th find.

Ahh well.... it's not as if i'm going to give up caching anyway.. Heres to many many more miles

Thanks

Simon aka sickpit

Pocket queries shouldn't be asking for a key or to purchase. Are you sure you were trying to create the special "My finds" query?

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=117

Not sure how you've come to the determine that you've found 500 caches. Where did you get that number?

One thing that I've noted is that you've logged a "found it" for a cache, yet your log states that you didn't find it. That should have been a "Did not find" log.

GC3Z02F Hoggin' The Bridge

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=fef7a893-2ccf-4fb3-9e15-ac43fef43caa

Sickpit

Found it

10/27/2012

Did not find today, perhaps next time

B.

Hello all,

Thanks

Simon AKA Sickpit

I just looked at your statistics, which shows that you have logged 483 finds on 478 distinct caches, which means that you have (still have) 5 duplicate found logs. Maybe you had more duplicates and the CO's deleted the duplicates--just a possibility.

Edit: oops. I see that Pup Patrol already mentioned the duplicate logs.

Edited by NanCycle

Oh dear.

It appears I may have totally screwed up somewhere down the line.

Sorry all, I blame my new tablet... most certainly not my fault.. lol

I hope you can get it sorted. This really happens all the time--it's always the fault of the technology, usually those dumb smart phones. ;)

Oh dear.

It appears I may have totally screwed up somewhere down the line.

Sorry all, I blame my new tablet... most certainly not my fault.. lol

I hope you can get it sorted. This really happens all the time--it's always the fault of the technology, usually those dumb smart phones. ;)

:)

I just started geocaching in Aug. and it gaining popularity somewhat here. I love it. Last month however I went on a trip with the inlaws to Busch Gardens and picked up my first out of state cache while snacking at a McDonald's. I logged it on my phone and moved on. I go to check my stats and I see that I am missing a cache!! It was the one from out of state too. :blink: So I had to guess what town I was in and then cross reference MacDonald restaurants in the area to geocaches. I found it after much searching and signed the log. I guess my phone was Roaming and didn't send the information properly.