Uploading a doc file

rock33

Anyone know how I can upload a word file for someone to verify that they were at my virtual cache Philadelphia Street Pholley? I did have a link that would open a password protected word file that was the certificate. Now you can only upload image file to the link. I know I could link it to an outside site but Flicker etc doesn't support text files.

Thanks, Rock 33

Anyone know how I can upload a word file for someone to verify that they were at my virtual cache Philadelphia Street Pholley? I did have a link that would open a password protected word file that was the certificate. Now you can only upload image file to the link. I know I could link it to an outside site but Flicker etc doesn't support text files.

Thanks, Rock 33

You can't. These "certificate passwords" were highly abused and passed around on the internet so that people could log the victuals without actually visiting them. As the owner of a virtual you are required to maintain it by maintaining the accuracy of the logs. You are not supposed to set up an automatic system to get around this.

Edit to add: I see that you are using an email verification and want to do the certificate as an extra. That is fine and hopefully someone has some ideas on how to do it. The problem was two fold from Groundspeaks point of view. Many dropped the email and relied simply on the codeword/certificate. This led to widespread abuse and a clarification of the guidelines a few years ago. Additionally, people can use DOCs and EXEs for nefarious purposes. As a result, Groundspeak no longer allows anything but images on their image server. They do not allow DOCs oe EXEs like they used to.

Edited by Don_J