Dangerous and illegal caches

Vinny's caches have legal access. Also, caches which require harnesses and other equipment are much safer than ones that don't. There are many more injuries from hand climbing 10-20 foot trees, compared to those 60-80 feet up using a grigri and other equipment.

Oh yeah, I'm sure Vinny, Creator of the Psycho Urban cache (a name which was copied in other locations, by the way) wouldn't have people do anything illegal. I just stumbled on his bookmark list while looking to see if people were like climbing Mall signs in North America. Which I still insist they don't do. :laughing:

I still maintain abandoned locations, although probably illegal in many cases, (some may be on public property) just don't seem as bad as climbing the wires of an active suspension bridge in Finland, for example, with a cache page that encourages you to go there at night. :unsure:

Vinny's caches have legal access. Also, caches which require harnesses and other equipment are much safer than ones that don't. There are many more injuries from hand climbing 10-20 foot trees, compared to those 60-80 feet up using a grigri and other equipment.

Oh yeah, I'm sure Vinny, Creator of the Psycho Urban cache (a name which was copied in other locations, by the way) wouldn't have people do anything illegal. I just stumbled on his bookmark list while looking to see if people were like climbing Mall signs in North America. Which I still insist they don't do. :laughing:

Vinny's caches are all legit. I rappelled down to the first stage of #14 before it was published, with Vinny nearby which is why I'm mentioned on the page, although I still have yet to do it. The multi (#8 I believe) is a ton of fun and has explicit permission. The keyholder one hidden high up on a lamppost was the only one which could cause issues. It's archived now, but there was a perfectly legal way to get it, although a few people did shinny up the pole. :P #13 is on an abandoned train trestle in the middle of the Potamac river, and since then there have been about a dozen hidden the same way, and they all are legal.

I still maintain abandoned locations, although probably illegal in many cases, (some may be on public property) just don't seem as bad as climbing the wires of an active suspension bridge in Finland, for example, with a cache page that encourages you to go there at night. :unsure:

That one is obviously illegal. I'd place a NA, but irate Finnish people are not as entertaining as Germans.

I cited Vinny & Sue Team's #9 to a property management company from whom I was trying to get permission to place a cache outside a radioactive soil dump site. (don't click that link if you are trying to stay under the PMO audit log radar)

Sadly, they would have none of it.

On the upside, I very quickly got permission from the cool facility across the road. Close enough (but not enough to get a dose) and maybe more interesting than the dump site itself.

Radium and Radios

Vinny's caches are all legit. I rappelled down to the first stage of #14 before it was published, with Vinny nearby which is why I'm mentioned on the page, although I still have yet to do it. The multi (#8 I believe) is a ton of fun and has explicit permission. The keyholder one hidden high up on a lamppost was the only one which could cause issues. It's archived now, but there was a perfectly legal way to get it, although a few people did shinny up the pole. :P #13 is on an abandoned train trestle in the middle of the Potamac river, and since then there have been about a dozen hidden the same way, and they all are legal.

I will have to re-visit some of his cache pages, even though they're mostly hated PMO's, right Frinks Labs? :lol: I do remember when he placed the one on top of the concrete bridge abutment in the Potomac, which he rented a helicopter to place. I mean a helicopter and pilot, not like he flew up there himself. :o

I want to clear one thing up though, when I said I stumbled on a Vinny and Sue Team Extreme caches bookmark list, I meant a bookmark list created by Vinny, of extreme caches all over the world, although it turns out the vast majority of them were in the Eastern U.S. and Canada. If he had one at the top of a lamp post, I wasn't talking about him.