E-trex legend-hcx

boemslang

Hi Everyone

Does anyone have any reviews on the Legend HCX as a caching tool? I am looking at purchasing one but want to make sure it will work for basic international caching.

Thank you

My primary GPSr is a several-year-old Venture Cx. The main difference between my Venture Cx and a Legend HCx is that the Legend has a high sensitivity receiver. It also allows more 'non-SD' waypoints.

My Venture has accompanied me on a number of international trips in Europe and Asia and has performed admirably. International maps are available for these units, although I haven't bothered.

Edited by sbell111

I have a Legend Hcx. It is a good unit; I've found caches in 24 countries. There are open source maps available online you can load.

The only issue with it was the rubber seal came off after about 18 months. Garmin replaced it for free; I've had it for 3 years now, though it is starting to come loose again a bit.

Hi Everyone

Does anyone have any reviews on the Legend HCX as a caching tool? I am looking at purchasing one but want to make sure it will work for basic international caching.

Thank you

I've used that model for several years and I really like it. Now, I haven't done any int'l caching so I don't know how it would work for that but since you can upload maps to it I don't see that it would be much of a problem. I should find out next summer.