Droping Coins at a Mega Event - how does this work?

BottesfordCrew

Hi all

We are attending our first event this weekend (a halloween Mega event - in fancy dress no less!). We have two coins we'd like to drop off but are not sure how this works at an event. Do we just put them in a cache like normal? One of the coins specifically wants to go to golf courses. We found it at the side of a canal so would like to help get it back on track. Is it ok to ask people if they will be caching near a golf course and then get them to grab the coin?

Thanks for your help

Lu

Generally, for events, those attending log any trackables into the event cache a few days before - by doing a Note log and dropping them off so that they appear in the cache page inventory.

When you attend the event there will probably be some specific area for the collection of trackables - a table, or maybe a large box, or something. You can drop the items there.

One word of caution, though: Trackables can easily get misplaced/lost/taken at large events. Coins in particular sometimes "disappear". If I'm taking any geocoins to an event I will often log them into the event but then keep them in my pocket until I find another cacher who's happy to take them from me. I always make sure I know that person's caching name so that if there's any later query then I know who I gave them to.

MrsB :)