Geocaching for Android 2.5 Release Notes

nkroy

Android 2.5 is in the store and ready to download! Here are the release notes.

Features:

・ Added smileys on the map view to easily identify your finds

・ Easily create a Geocaching.com account from your phone

・ Login with your Facebook account

・ Access to all additional waypoint information

・ Your trackable inventory now shows the Trackable Number in addition to the TB code

Bugs Fixes:

・ The compass screen updates the distance to a waypoint

・ Advanced Search sorts by search location rather than current location

・ Also more minor bug fixes…

The map view and Destinations page under compass view still label additional waypoints as their type (question to answer, parking) rather than the name of the waypoint. It would be helpful if the actual name of the waypoint could be used instead.

We're still waiting on corrected coordinates to be displayed rather than original coordinates for mystery and multicaches. Any ETA on this? It's been a known issue since February.

Also, the Help page in the new v2.5 still identifies as v2.3.1.

Edited by bitmapped

You still can't read the notes on a cache as you can on the internet or on the iPhone, how come?

I'm also waiting for the corrected coordinates on a mystery cache to be displayed, or a way to enter them manually?

Edited by Mipso

Surfoo - I am assuming you are using the app in french . We have narrowed down the issue and should have a fix soon

which is specificallyf or the french translations. A workaround for this short period till we publish a fix would be to use the App in english

Surfoo - I am assuming you are using the app in french . We have narrowed down the issue and should have a fix soon

which is specificallyf or the french translations. A workaround for this short period till we publish a fix would be to use the App in english

Yes, the app is in french, beacause my phone is in french. The app doesn't provide a way to change the language.. Personally, i prefer use the app in english and my phone in french.

Can you add an option to change the language?

I just downloaded version 2.5.1, now when I see my list of caches and go to view on the map, the map does not display. My normal Google maps works fine. Then when I go to see the Geocache Details and "Navigate to Geocache" and select "Map", the map does not display. Any ideas?

Edited by strek2

Having the same problem as last post. On Samsung Galaxy SII. Problem is:" downloaded version 2.5.1, now when I see my list of caches and go to view on the map, the map does not display. My normal Google maps works fine. Then when I go to see the Geocache Details and "Navigate to Geocache" and select "Map", the map does not display. Any ideas?"

I am also on the native Droid Razr 4.0.4. I logged in with my geocaching.com login. After about 10 seconds the app force closed.

Resolved my issued. It appears that Lookout Mobile Security was causing the issue. As soon as I uninstalled Lookout and reinstalled the Geocaching App the force close problem stopped.

Having the same problem as last post. On Samsung Galaxy SII. Problem is:" downloaded version 2.5.1, now when I see my list of caches and go to view on the map, the map does not display. My normal Google maps works fine. Then when I go to see the Geocache Details and "Navigate to Geocache" and select "Map", the map does not display. Any ideas?"

We have released an update to the marketplace this morning to correct this issue. Our apologies for the broken maps.

WHAT? v2.5.1 doesn't support my phone anymore? I just bought it and I can't receive updates anymore? Is there a good reason for that? I use an LG P500, with Android 2.3, that is pretty common for a phone!

The current minimum spec is Android 2.2, so your 2.3 phone should be fine. Are you running into issues?

Was recommended this app and so I purchased it and I can not get anything to work. It force closes on any button I push. I am on Sprint EVO 4G lte phone. Seems to be a hot topic I see several comments on Google play that it force closes on any thing you do. I hope a fix is in store soon.

Kevin

Was recommended this app and so I purchased it and I can not get anything to work. It force closes on any button I push. I am on Sprint EVO 4G lte phone. Seems to be a hot topic I see several comments on Google play that it force closes on any thing you do. I hope a fix is in store soon.

Kevin

I am on that phone and carrier and I don't see the same thing. Other than the description not loading the first time every time, mine works fine. I suggest you try uninstalling and re-installing it.