Geocaching members in Marion, NY 14505 area

Arlyn66

Are there any geocaching people in area to contact, would like more info and people to discuss the hobby with....Arlyn66

Never heard of it! But I Googled the Zip Code, and I only live about 120 miles away. This thread will definitely be moved to the "Mid-Atlantic" forum. But your best answer is introduce yourself at the quite active local Geocaching forum for your area Georoc.org

Edited by Mr.Yuck

I used to live in Marion (Buffalo St) long before I started Geocaching. To find local cachers you can check for the CO of caches in the area and contact them or check for people who have found caches around there. Another way to find local cachers is to attend events. Have fun with it.

Are there any geocaching people in area to contact, would like more info and people to discuss the hobby with....Arlyn66

Got a couple of ways that may be more effective for you than posting a note to the general, world-wide geocaching topics forum:

• Contact a local geocaching organization. I quickly found this one in Rochester, NY. There may be others.
  • Attend some local geocaching events.
  • Write some of the more active geocachers in the area. You can find them by looking at the finders logs and the hiders of the geocaches.
  • (least effective) Post a note in the Mid-Atlantic geocaching forum: http://forums.Ground...hp?showforum=20

Edited by knowschad

Never heard of it! But I Googled the Zip Code, and I only live about 120 miles away. This thread will definitely be moved to the "Mid-Atlantic" forum. But your best answer is introduce yourself at the quite active local Geocaching forum for your area Georoc.org

Thanks for the response will take your advice.

Got a couple of ways that may be more effective for you than posting a note to the general, world-wide geocaching topics forum:

• Contact a local geocaching organization. I quickly found this one in Rochester, NY. There may be others.
  • Write some of the more active geocachers in the area. You can find them by looking at the finders logs and the hiders of the geocaches.
  • (least effective) Post a note in the Mid-Atlantic geocaching forum: http://forums.Ground...hp?showforum=20

Just thought someone might read the note that lives in area, don't do much of this forum stuff, sorry if I wasted anybody's time.

I used to live in Marion (Buffalo St) long before I started Geocaching. To find local cachers you can check for the CO of caches in the area and contact them or check for people who have found caches around there. Another way to find local cachers is to attend events. Have fun with it.

Thanks for the reply.

Knew there was one in Rochester, was looking for a more local contact. I guess forums are not my cup of tea, guess they are for professionals.

Knew there was one in Rochester, was looking for a more local contact. I guess forums are not my cup of tea, guess they are for professionals.

I'm not sure why you think you are being talked down to. I think that the responders are simply trying to be helpful and direct you to areas where you may get more action on your question. The vast majority of geocachers never visit these forums but many do frequent or at least watch local forums.

Another thing you can try as a Premium Member is to set up a notification for your local area for Found It logs. When someone logs a Found It that matches your notification criteria, you'll get an email. You can quickly see a pattern of who is finding caches in your area and the emails will have a links to their profiles where you can contact them if you wish. When I first started, we didn't have notifications but I read a lot of the local cache pages as well as all of the logs. It didn't take long to see who the areas players were and in my case, who the predominantly hikers were. I contacted one of them and they invited me to hike with them, which introduced me to more geocachers and so on.