Vehicle bugs becoming collectable

Mike & Jess

I'm not sure if I'm the only one that noticed this, or if I am late to knowing this.

My SRT4 vehicle trackable was not collectable when I registered it, and sometime since, has become so. I've had to steal it back from other cachers who have retreived it from me (virtually).

When I checked the trackable page, the option to be collectable was not checked off.

Was this a known bug previously discussed?

'Collectable-bility' has nothing to do with the ability to log.

It is status in YOUR collection or inventory that determines what logs may/may not be filed. This is completely different than being "collectable" or "not collectable".

If a trackable is in your inventory ANY log can be filed....

If a trackable is in your collection ONLY "Discover" or "Note" logs can be filed (including by you, the owner).

Collectable or Not Collectable has to do with whether the trackable is/is not up for KEEPING.

These terms have been confusing for many from the onset. It would be good to have them changed.

It is status in YOUR collection or inventory that determines what logs may/may not be filed. This is completely different than being "collectable" or "not collectable".

If a trackable is in your collection ONLY "Discover" or "Note" logs can be filed (including by you, the owner).

Collectable or Not Collectable has to do with whether the trackable is/is not up for KEEPING.

These terms have been confusing for many from the onset. It would be good to have them changed.

Yeah, and what the system did was changed from what I remembered. Hence my deleted post. Holy carp, do the users really need to clarify things, again.

Edit: Hang on. I got an idea. Be right back.

Edited by BlueDeuce

What you are saying makes sense, but then what is the Collectable checkbox for under the edit TB page?

If I hadn't seen that, I would have assumed the "move to inventory" was the way.

What you are saying makes sense, but then what is the Collectable checkbox for under the edit TB page?

If I hadn't seen that, I would have assumed the "move to inventory" was the way.

As far as I have been able to determine, the only thing that the Collectable/Not Collectable checkbox is for, is to place a corresponding pre-written notation on the trackable page. Presumably this tells a cacher that retrieves (or grabs) such whether or not you are "willing" to part with the item.

A major part of the confusion stems from the wording. Even the Guidelines intermix the terms: 3.3. Trackable Collections . You can see in this link that the first line refers to "Collectible" or "Non-Collectible". Yet it is the placement in your Inventory or Collection that determines the type of logs available.

Perhaps the intent was to interconnect these separate things... I cannot see that such ever happened.