Saved tracks won't display

Exit106

For some reason my saved tracks no longer show up on my map page on my Garmin 78s. In track manager I display "show on map" and none show up. They do show up when I select "view map", but definitely not convenient. Is there a button sequence I applied without knowing that make my tracks invisible.

For some reason my saved tracks no longer show up on my map page on my Garmin 78s. In track manager I display "show on map" and none show up. They do show up when I select "view map", but definitely not convenient. Is there a button sequence I applied without knowing that make my tracks invisible.

Be sure that what you are actively "Seeing" on the track manager page is "Hide on Map". .....that means that it is "currently" being displayed and that is the only other option (either it's shown or not). ( If you "see" Show on map then it is hidden, if you "see" Hide on map, then it is shown)

Yeah, I know, it's kinda a backwards way of doing it , but it is what it is.

If they were displayed in the past, but not now, and you didn't intentionally change them......that setting sometimes changes when software is upgraded, and also if you "archive" a track and then bring it back to "favorites", it has to be reset again.

"Hidden" is essentially the default, apparently to keep the map from getting too cluttered.

Edited by Grasscatcher

Be sure that what you are actively "Seeing" on the track manager page is "Hide on Map". .....that means that it is "currently" being displayed and that is the only other option (either it's shown or not). ( If you "see" Show on map then it is hidden, if you "see" Hide on map, then it is shown)

Yeah, I know, it's kinda a backwards way of doing it , but it is what it is.

If they were displayed in the past, but not now, and you didn't intentionally change them......that setting sometimes changes when software is upgraded, and also if you "archive" a track and then bring it back to "favorites", it has to be reset again.

"Hidden" is essentially the default, apparently to keep the map from getting too cluttered.

Yes Hide on Map is what I see on the Track Manager page of each track and nothing shows up. Even tracks saved from my last hike, saved directly from the GPS do not show up, but still show up in "view map". Any other suggestions?

Save all of your data first, then do a "master reset" ...... then of course you'll have to redo all of your settings.(including the "show on map" for each track.

It fixed mine.

Something that will make it a little easier..... Whatever data that you want to keep in your unit on a "permanent" basis....save it all to a single GPX file and put that gpx file on the sd card. The unit will load the data just the same.

Note: If you have a series of tracks in the gpx file on the card and want/need to "archive" any of them, when you archive one, the unit takes it off the card and out of the gpx file. Then if you remove it from archive and make it a "favorite", it is then in internal memory(and not on the card). Whether it comes from the card or internal memory, it shows up on the unit the same way. There's no way to have the unit put it back on the card.........so, the easy way to handle things is just to keep a "master" data file updated for placement on the card and just delete the unwanted data from internal memory.

Save all of your data first, then do a "master reset" ...... then of course you'll have to redo all of your settings.(including the "show on map" for each track.

It fixed mine.

Something that will make it a little easier..... Whatever data that you want to keep in your unit on a "permanent" basis....save it all to a single GPX file and put that gpx file on the sd card. The unit will load the data just the same.

Note: If you have a series of tracks in the gpx file on the card and want/need to "archive" any of them, when you archive one, the unit takes it off the card and out of the gpx file. Then if you remove it from archive and make it a "favorite", it is then in internal memory(and not on the card). Whether it comes from the card or internal memory, it shows up on the unit the same way. There's no way to have the unit put it back on the card.........so, the easy way to handle things is just to keep a "master" data file updated for placement on the card and just delete the unwanted data from internal memory.

Great! A reset. I was hoping I was doing something wrong. So it looks that I'm not alone. Will have to find the time to do this. This probably also happens on other Garmin models like the 62. Garmin software!!!

Thanks for your help, I'll post when I do a reset to mention if my tracks reappear on the 78s.