Free Map Software/Downloads

i just finished v1.1 of my map of vancouver island, it's not really southern bc though. although once i am done with the island i want to move on to making the whole province.

I just downloaded your map and it appears a significant portion of the data in your map is from OpenStreetMap. I know, because I recognize a significant number of features that I personally mapped out and added or have worked with in the Victoria area. You haven't mentioned anywhere that you're using this data, which you're legally bound to do by the OpenStreetMap license:

You are free to copy, distribute, transmit and adapt our data, as long as you credit OpenStreetMap and its contributors.

There isn't a problem with you using this data, but you do need to credit those who made it possible. They've put a lot of work into it and deserve to be credited and respected.

i just finished v1.1 of my map of vancouver island, it's not really southern bc though. although once i am done with the island i want to move on to making the whole province.

I just downloaded your map and it appears a significant portion of the data in your map is from OpenStreetMap. I know, because I recognize a significant number of features that I personally mapped out and added or have worked with in the Victoria area. You haven't mentioned anywhere that you're using this data, which you're legally bound to do by the OpenStreetMap license:

You are free to copy, distribute, transmit and adapt our data, as long as you credit OpenStreetMap and its contributors.

There isn't a problem with you using this data, but you do need to credit those who made it possible. They've put a lot of work into it and deserve to be credited and respected.

taken care of :)

i originally was just making a map for myself and and forgot some things in the excitement of sharing. osm is now listed in the contributors section of the about page and also mentioned in the license agreement when installing, and included in the other mapset archives