5th Annual Geocaching Holiday Gift List

Headhardhat

Well fellow geocachers it is that time of year again. For the fifth year I am asking geocachers around the world what they want this holiday season in the form of a geocaching gift. This year is no exception. The results will be tallied up for our December 4th, 2012 Geocaching World (RVNN.tv) show. It will also go out on my Obsessed blog as well.

So - What would you want this holiday season in the form of a geocaching gift?

The answers over the years have been sometimes surprising - so have their rankings as they have gone up and down in popularity. What will this year bring - find out December 4th.

Thanks again for your participation - we get a great response every year.

- Andy HeadHardHat Smith :santa:

A whole bunch of AA batteries, the more the better :rolleyes:

Half a dozen or so ammo cans for future hides

Swag to put in those ammo cans would be nice

Nice weather in January, February and March so we can put in some time outside caching.... or then again how about a plane ticket to somewhere warm??? <_<

I'd like the RAM mount to attach my Oregon to my mountain bike handlebar. It goes for $20-25 so I will likely put that on my list.

Waterproof hiking boots would be a great gift for me.

Also, how about one of those astronaut pens that write upside down, in the cold, etc?

I have the garmin mount right on the stem of my mtn bike. Works great and keeps the GPS a bit lower profile and reasonably safe if I crash. Worth every penny/

There is only one thing I want and money can't buy it: a moun10bike geocoin.

Are you talking about these?

bike_back144.jpg

I'd like the RAM mount to attach my Oregon to my mountain bike handlebar. It goes for $20-25 so I will likely put that on my list.

Also, how about one of those astronaut pens that write upside down, in the cold, etc?

I have the garmin mount right on the stem of my mtn bike. Works great and keeps the GPS a bit lower profile and reasonably safe if I crash. Worth every penny/

bike_back144.jpg

Love that coin!

bike_back144.jpg

Love that coin!

Not to go too off topic, buy my wife's shop is now sold out of them. I might however have one or two hidden in the back of my home office in case needed.

bike_back144.jpg

More likely, Roman! is talking about these:

6ddad71f-2b05-4983-9352-612ded85973d.jpg

The only thing geocaching-related that I can think of for my list would be a new GPSr. Anything modern that can easily download cache data, maps, and firmware updates using a Mac would be fine, but I'd prefer something other than a Garmin.

bike_back144.jpg

Love that coin!

Although cool, that's not it but if you have any left, how much and is it trackable?

bike_back144.jpg

More likely, Roman! is talking about these:

6ddad71f-2b05-4983-9352-612ded85973d.jpg

The only thing geocaching-related that I can think of for my list would be a new GPSr. Anything modern that can easily download cache data, maps, and firmware updates using a Mac would be fine, but I'd prefer something other than a Garmin.

I don't need one of those (I have #100) but I could use a second and fifth edition...

bike_back144.jpg

Love that coin!

Although cool, that's not it but if you have any left, how much and is it trackable?

Trackable yes, as for if I have any left and how much... I need to look. Technically we are sold out, but I might still have a few stashed away of my wife didn't find them in my office.

bike_back144.jpg

Love that coin!

Trackable yes, as for if I have any left and how much... I need to look. Technically we are sold out, but I might still have a few stashed away of my wife didn't find them in my office.

If you do find any send me a message.

Trackable items are always nice.

Actually, last year I got an item on my wish list that has proved very handy. It is a pocket-sized recorder. I like to write a unique log for each cache, but sometimes it can be a week or three before I have the time to catch up on my cache logs after a trip. I used to use a notebook, but the noncaching family members would resume hiking while I was still switching to the next cache on the GPSr and making notes in the notebook. Multitasking while catching up has almost met feet to snakes more times than I care to recall. So for me, it also fell under the category of safety equipment.

I would like:

1 - One new 12" or 16" TB window sticker for 2 vehicles (Mine and the wife)

2 - Two geocache hats (floppy)

3 - Three nano magnetic caches

4 - Four TB trackable dog tags

(see where I'm going with this....12 days of Christmas...LOL)

I will stop there with the days of Christmas, but anything from Groundspeak's shopping would be great (or gift card from Groundspeak).

I would also add the Garmin Oregon 450 Mount for a vehicle (if such a thing exists).

Rechargeable batteries for aforementioned Garmin.

A renewal premium membership.

I lack 1 cache type on my profile... The Block Party.

Please Santa, send me an airline ticket and a rental car voucher for next year's block party. I don't need a hotel. I'll sleep in the car or crash on someone's couch if I get an offer. :anibad:

I swear I've been good! :unsure:

I can also use a an airline ticket and a rental car voucher for GW11. If my plan to pimp myself out as FTBM doesn't pan out. Just sayin'... :anibad:

I lack 1 cache type on my profile... The Block Party.
Oooh... I like that idea! Unfortunately, I've got more missing icons than you do. So in addition to a trip to HQ for the Groundspeak Block Party and Groundspeak HQ icons, I also need a trip to Brazil for the last remaining Project APE cache, and I need a Locationless cache unlocked so I can log it.

I have simple requests:

- A headlamp for night caching

- More rite-in-rain notepads (I use for cache placement and onsite puzzle solving)

- Sturdy, thick pants for caching in winter & deflecting pokey trees

- those new gloves with pads on the pointer finger & thumb that let you log your finds on the iPhone without having to take your gloves off first

Santa, I've been good this year!