Looking for a Dakota 10

I went and done it. On a recent trip to visit my son (teamnanonutz) up in IL. to see the new grandbaby I took my Oregon. He got a first hand introduction to the world of geocaching. Needless to say he has been bitten, and laments on FaceBook how he wishes that I had accidently left the oregon behind. Fat chance. LOL!

Doing research showed me that the Dakota 10 is the closest thing to my Oregon (minus the electronic compass and sd slot) that should still let him fullfill his desire for geocaching in a way he was introduced to it.

I know that the Explorist GC is cheaper, but I think it lacks the internal memory and the ability to add maps.

They are dirt poor so I am looking at buying him a cheap unit and shipping it to him.

So, if anybody has a good Dakota 10 and a yearning to upograde and needs a bit, we may be able to scratch each others back. :)

Hi, this is my dilema also...Grandson hooked on caching during trips with us needs his own GPS. But, he is poor and I would like to see him get one. The Dakota is working well for my daughter, his mom, and I think that is what I would like to get him. Anyone else have one for sale? LOL, that's two in the same column.

I went and done it. On a recent trip to visit my son (teamnanonutz) up in IL. to see the new grandbaby I took my Oregon. He got a first hand introduction to the world of geocaching. Needless to say he has been bitten, and laments on FaceBook how he wishes that I had accidently left the oregon behind. Fat chance. LOL!

Doing research showed me that the Dakota 10 is the closest thing to my Oregon (minus the electronic compass and sd slot) that should still let him fullfill his desire for geocaching in a way he was introduced to it.

I know that the Explorist GC is cheaper, but I think it lacks the internal memory and the ability to add maps.

They are dirt poor so I am looking at buying him a cheap unit and shipping it to him.

So, if anybody has a good Dakota 10 and a yearning to upograde and needs a bit, we may be able to scratch each others back. :)

tigerdirect.com has Dakota 10 on sale

Hi, this is my dilema also...Grandson hooked on caching during trips with us needs his own GPS. But, he is poor and I would like to see him get one. The Dakota is working well for my daughter, his mom, and I think that is what I would like to get him. Anyone else have one for sale? LOL, that's two in the same column.

tigerdirect has Dakota 10 on sale