So confused! My coin is in South Africa?!

evil-lemons

Hello!

I bought two geocoins from a member here on the forum and he transferred them to me. I just received an email stating that the coin is in South Africa! I have it upstairs with my geo-stuff so it can't be in South Africa! I'm so confused...any thoughts? Also, I know I'm not supposed to post the code...should I post something else for reference? Thank you!

ETA: Okay, sorry...not sure if there is a way to delete my posts. I guess I should have 'researched' a bit before posting in a panic, lol. I never really paid attention to the coin's page as I figured since I had the coin in my possession, there wouldn't be any current travels for it. I think I get it now. :)

Edited by evil-lemons

Ohhhh...I just read the blurb written by the original owner. I haven't done anything with the coin and didn't realize that he put out a copy to travel. So I guess I wouldn't be able to send the coin out, ever, since it's already out there, in a manner of speaking?

It says I can use: TBV7RF to reference the coin!

ETA: I'm thinking I should update the coin's page? And if so, I'm not sure how to go about doing that...I don't see any place to edit it.

Edited by evil-lemons

in the upper right hand corner of your geocoins web-page, you should see the option to "Edit your Trackable" It should look something like this:

Trackable Options

Add a Log Entry

*Edit This Trackable

Remove from Watchlist

Upload an Image

Print Info Sheet

View in Google Earth

You have to be logged onto Geocaching.com to do any editing though.

Don't worry.

Your coin is safe with you and out in the caches there is a copy, so you can just relax and watch its travels.

Should the copy ever go missing, you can still send out the original or another copy, but let some time (like a year or so) go past, before you send out another item with this number.

I had coins reapearing even after quite some time.

If you ever decide that you don't want the Copy geocoin to be out travelling, just wait until it's "in the hands of" a geocacher, email them and ask them to destroy the Copy for you.

Ahhh...brilliant, thanks! I suppose it's rather cool that it traveled from the USA all the way to South Africa; I imagine I should just let it go where it may! :) (now that I'm over the, 'OMG! What's going on?!' moment)