Geocaching stats - shows counties/ states, etc.

_SWH

What software or program is recommended to show my stats and the counties of a state I've found caches in? I want all the other stuff too but one I stumbled upon says I have to have 200(almost there). And I want to do the South Florida challenge, but I've been trying to manually keep up with the counties and it's difficult at best. I've seen some high # of found cachers with some neat stats in their profile. If anyone could share, that would be awesome. thanks!

You seem to be using FindStatGen with GSAK currently. I will work with as few as one find, so I'm not sure what the 200 find limit is, unless your thinking of cacherstats.com. It takes 200 finds before you you show up in the leader boards, but only if you have found one of the trigger caches. See the website for details.

As for FindStatGen, it is a very detailed stat program, and with the plugins the things you can do is, well, very complete. You seem to be tracking the Florida counties now, what more did you want?

You seem to be using FindStatGen with GSAK currently. I will work with as few as one find, so I'm not sure what the 200 find limit is, unless your thinking of cacherstats.com. It takes 200 finds before you you show up in the leader boards, but only if you have found one of the trigger caches. See the website for details.

As for FindStatGen, it is a very detailed stat program, and with the plugins the things you can do is, well, very complete. You seem to be tracking the Florida counties now, what more did you want?

Wow...I went and took a look at her profile. That is pretty neat. Where do you get whatever that is and, and how would I apply it to my profile?

What software or program is recommended to show my stats and the counties of a state I've found caches in? I want all the other stuff too but one I stumbled upon says I have to have 200(almost there). And I want to do the South Florida challenge, but I've been trying to manually keep up with the counties and it's difficult at best. I've seen some high # of found cachers with some neat stats in their profile. If anyone could share, that would be awesome. thanks!

CacheStats is a good one, it's the one I use.

Yes I stumbled upon gsak after I posted. Took me two hours to figure it out. Then I found a helpful site more updated with user instructions. I will post it later. Cache stars yes requires 200. But I needed counties shown for the Florida challenge!

Wow...I went and took a look at her profile. That is pretty neat. Where do you get whatever that is and, and how would I apply it to my profile?

You first need GSAK, then you need to load the macro FindStatGen. Once you run that macro you can paste the resulting HTML into your profile.

Yes or install the micro findstat and genstat after you've done a pocket query. It's pretty complex but I have a good site saved at home that lays it all out easy peasy. Will publish later ore that gsak gives you a please donate type of button after 21 days I think it is 21

You should be able to get counties cached on mygeocachingprofile.com. For the USA, it won't do a "heat map," that is, it will show the U.S. counties in which you've found a cache, but it won't have varied shading to show how many you've found in a particular county. But it's in the big list of statistics, right after "US States We've Cached In" and right before the individual state DeLorme maps.

Example:

hzoi.USCountyMap.jpg?random=4431

Edited by hzoi

As someone else mentioned you can use GSAK and the FindStatsGen macro. With just a small number of finds the results might not be that interesting but it's a good way to track your progress. I've been using it for quite a while and although I don't have a huge number of total finds when compared to many I think I've got some interesting stats on my public profile page. For example, it tells me that since April 2009 the number of caches I've found per month has decreased significantly from the time that I stated (in 2007) until April 2009. It also tells me that 10% of my finds were over 1000 miles from home (and that was not the result of doing any power trails...the most finds I've had in a day was 31). It has State and Country maps (23 U.S. States, 17 countries) but the most interesting stats to me are that the total cache-to-cache distance indicates that I've travel 170300 miles between all of the caches that I've found and that my Furthest, Most Southerly, Most Northerly, Most Westerly, and Most Easterly caches found are all distinct and in five different countries.