Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
spiritwolf922

Hey Lackeys!

Lackeys (or anyone else who can answer this question):

I know that one of the rules of Geocaching is that the cache(s) must be non-commercial. However, if I wanted to place a Geocache near a charity location with information in the cache that would direct any interested parties toward the charity, would that be allowed?

More specifically, I am a type 2 diabetic. I recently participated in the Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes and had occasion to go out to their offices. I saw a number of potential places to hide a cache, but I'd rather do something that had meaning - in this case, educating other cachers about diabetes. I would propose to have a small hide that perhaps would have literature about the disease and possibly direction to the American Diabetes Association's office for those cachers who might be interested in learning more.

Basic question: Would this kind of cache be allowed and be published?

I just want to be sure I'm staying within the spirit and the guidelines of the game before I pursue this idea any further.

Thanks for your help!!

Spiritwolf922

Hello Spiritwolf922,

I will be sending you an email to answer your question. You should receive an email from me by the end of today.

Jessie

Community Relations Lead

Hello Spiritwolf922,

I will be sending you an email to answer your question. You should receive an email from me by the end of today.

Jessie

Community Relations Lead

I'll be on the lookout for it. I read through the guidelines but didn't find where this type of subject is addressed.

Going to lock this discussion. Seems to have been answered. Not 100% an education topic, but can see why it was asked here. Glad Jessie was able to help.

Mark Case

Education Forum Moderator