Indian War Pony HUGE 3" x 5MM geocoin

mo pirate

eebea959-30cc-461c-b975-b28128d4aeb7.jpg6332e3db-cf04-4a68-8130-8cb87a54c371.jpgI made this coin for Geocoinfest 2012. It is a HUGE 3" coin x 5MM thick. I did this coin as a depiction of Artist Amanda Stewart's painting entitled "Indian War Pony" on canvas. She made a very vibrant colorful image in her painting so if I were to transfer that to a geocoin and get the necessary detail and color into it then I needed to do it in a larger format. The reverse side has an Indian art design I call Indian Summer. The icon is of the art design Indian Summer as the pony would not have been an accurate depiction as it would have been too small.

I have these still available for $15 without the Indian summer matching pathtag or $20 for the set of both coin and pathtag.

Unfortunately it is very heavy and costs $3.99 shipping in the US and $4.99 in Canada, and $6.99 in Europe.

thanks,

MO Pirate

Got mine in the mail this week. What a beauty! It's definitely a weighty coin, so I'd suggest not dropping it on your foot (lol). Great design. :grin:

So does the size of this coin hurt it or help it? I kinda had to do it this large to get the detail and colors as gradient colors are not possible. I was thinking of doing a series as Amanda Stewart (the artist) has done several Native American themed paintings I could replicate on geocoins. Not sure how they would be received as she has painted a Bison, Wolf, Indian Head, and Chicken.

Got mine in the mail this week. What a beauty! It's definitely a weighty coin, so I'd suggest not dropping it on your foot (lol). Great design. :grin:

So does the size of this coin hurt it or help it? I kinda had to do it this large to get the detail and colors as gradient colors are not possible. I was thinking of doing a series as Amanda Stewart (the artist) has done several Native American themed paintings I could replicate on geocoins. Not sure how they would be received as she has painted a Bison, Wolf, Indian Head, and Chicken.

I don't think it hurts that the coin is as large as it is; makes it stand out from the crowd. :lol: I like it just the way it is.

These super huge (3" x 5MM) geocoins are still available to buy. They are now $18 for the set with the matching pathtag. It is a super cool rendition of Amanda Stewart's painting of the Indian War Pony. With the new postage rates it is not really a good item to send internationally. I just sent one to Europe and it cost $12.75 on postage first class (new rate). SO I wanted everyone to know that I am going to MOGA so if you are attending I can bring it and save you the postage. Domestic is $3.99 due to the weight of this coin (6oz). email me through my geocaching mail or at packerbacker31@hotmail.com

thanks!

I got this coin as a present for my for my girlfriends collection. It's a fantastic chunky coin. I wish there were more 3" coins around.

I have plans to do some of Amanda's other Native American Paintings into geocoins so it will most likely be a series for her paintings. Look for the Buffalo painting next!

thanks,

MO Pirate aka Steve Allen

packerbacker31@hotmail.com

I got this coin as a present for my for my girlfriends collection. It's a fantastic chunky coin. I wish there were more 3" coins around.

I have plans to do some of Amanda's other Native American Paintings into geocoins so it will most likely be a series for her paintings. Look for the Buffalo painting next!

thanks,

MO Pirate aka Steve Allen

packerbacker31@hotmail.com

I'm already in line for that one !!

I personally think the size of this coin helped.... It's a very beautiful coin. Amanda Stewart is an amazing artist and I personally would love to see a series, especially in this larger size .

I personally think the size of this coin helped.... It's a very beautiful coin. Amanda Stewart is an amazing artist and I personally would love to see a series, especially in this larger size .

I have done some initial work on the second one (with approval from Amanda) and since she lives in Texas, maybe she will appear at geocoinfest for its debut??!?!?!?!