PQ. No Premium Member Caches anymore.

Point Mugu

I just downloaded my closest 200 caches and gc.com returned 10 caches... I checked my settings and resubmitted and once again, I got 10 caches. What is going on here? My closest 200 caches go our about 68 miles from my house. This has never been an issue until the last update.

I also cannot identify which caches might be archived or disabled because of this new limitation.

Is this a temp problem or are we eliminating valuable premium member features.

Tom

Night-Hawk

Night-Hawk, I looked at your PQ and its copy and they are both returning 205 caches, including PMOs. They are returning 205 because that's the number you capped them at, but since your search is set to run out to 200 miles, they are actually returning over 26,000 results. You are going to get a lot of unexpected behavior (i.e. dropped caches, usually the newest ones) by exceeding the PQ limit by such a large margin.

I changed my distance to 200 (normally set for 100) miles only for my last PQ request because I thought I might need more distance. The PQ that came from gc.com this morning did NOT contain 205 caches. The PQ size was 185kb... a normal file of 205 will run about 2018kb. Once I download the PQ into GSAK, I check the last PQ column and delete any cache that did not make the current PQ... That way I eliminate any disabled or archived caches and any cache that is no longer in my 200 closest range (I use 205 so I can eliminate events and certain caches I might not want to see right now). After I loaded this latest PQ AND a copy of it that I reordered, I only got an update on 10 caches, thus the small size of the PQ.

This was not a problem before the latest update. I just downloaded my "My Finds" PQ and GSAK reports all 27,000 finds updated on 10/18/2012.

Something has changed because my PQ request hasn't changed in a LONG time (except for the change to 200 miles in an effort to uncover the problem)

Tom

Night-Hawk