The Waldgeist is Watching! ***new coin***

fox-and-the-hound

A few managed a sneak peek at GCF in Colorado of this new design, but I wanted to share it here and say thanks to those who pre-ordered on the spot after checking out the samples!

Waldgeist_zps2ded529c.jpg

For over 3 millenia people around the world have been knocking on wood to ward off bad luck, but almost nobody recalls why! While working on an upcoming coin design I ran across an odd bit of info that sent me off in a new direction with curiosity and excitement. Sure, enough there's a great story there and it's very important to geocachers, too!

This new coin celebrates the legend of the Waldgeist (pronounced "vawld-guy-st") known by many names and revered as the Lord of the Forest, Greenman, Wildman, Savage Man, Woodwose, Green Jack, Jack-in-the-Green, Green George, Pan, Wakatcuna, Wakaitcu, Kodama and Canotila depending on the people and continent. All around the world this woodland spirit is the protector of nature and the punisher of those who abuse it.

The specs:

SPECS & FEATURES:

1.75" Diameter x 7mm Thickness (designed for 7, but calipers are showing almost 9mm actually)

3 Molds Used for the most extreme 3D

16 Soft Enamels (3 Translucents)

Two-tone Metal Antique Finish

Trackable at Geocaching.com

Custom Icon

3 Finishes Available:

1) Antique Silver on Antique Gold

2) Antique Silver on Shiny Gold

3) Antique Silver on Antique Copper

GxProxy was kind enough to produce this design and has even matched up a Proxy coin for each one and paid to even print a full color brochure with the original mint art and full story behind all the elements, secret meanings and intricacies of the design. :)

Thanks to all the kind responses and for those who placed preorders at GCF, they're shipping out this morning and the two new finishes look awesome! I'll post some more pics shortly :)

I believe all three finishes are still available although going fast since many were spoken for at the event. They can be still be found on the GxProxy site for now until they're sold out. They were not made in great number though. I have only see the antique gold in hand, but from the photos it appears the translucents on the shiny gold make that version the most colorful and the antique copper the most old/weathered looking of the bunch. Hard to say which is my favorite, but I think I'm favoring the copper right now ;)

They do look fantastic!

Will they send them to the UK if I order a set?

As far as I know they'll send them pretty much anywhere. They had a bunch going out all over yesterday and she mentioned Germany, Austria and Australia as destinations :)

AlliedOz raises his hand.. Guilty for the Au purchase :anicute:

Received my order in yesterday's mail. Looks like I have a new favorite in my collection! :wub:

Absolutely amazing detail on this one! I was staring at it for the longest time; the layers, the colors...not to mention the 3D effect of the Waldgeist himself! So glad I was able to grab such an awesome coin! :D

Received my order in yesterday's mail. Looks like I have a new favorite in my collection! :wub:

Absolutely amazing detail on this one! I was staring at it for the longest time; the layers, the colors...not to mention the 3D effect of the Waldgeist himself! So glad I was able to grab such an awesome coin! :D

Thanks! I just got mine, too :) Admittedly, I did have a mint sample, but I just got the chance to hold all three finishes and their proxies in hand for the first time. After more than a few minutes of consideration I finally put the shiny gold up on the wall rack (the only place Moun10girl lets me display my work downstairs anymore) which has limited space so I had to retire another coin from it's space :( but onward and upward and this one definitely was a step forward for me I hope. Looking forward to activating one now, too!

btw, I apologize if the icon wasn't showing up on newly activated ones... I just sent the icons to Groundspeak this morning. In all the excitement I completed them weeks ago, but complete forgot to submit them! sorry :o

Thanks! I just got mine, too :) Admittedly, I did have a mint sample, but I just got the chance to hold all three finishes and their proxies in hand for the first time. After more than a few minutes of consideration I finally put the shiny gold up on the wall rack (the only place Moun10girl lets me display my work downstairs anymore) which has limited space so I had to retire another coin from it's space :( but onward and upward and this one definitely was a step forward for me I hope. Looking forward to activating one now, too!

btw, I apologize if the icon wasn't showing up on newly activated ones... I just sent the icons to Groundspeak this morning. In all the excitement I completed them weeks ago, but completely forgot to submit them! sorry :o

The inventory at GxProxy.com is quickly being depleted so I hope that anyone still thinking about purchasing one or the set place their orders soon. We will be at the Going Coastal event in a couple of weeks and I am trying to save a few to show and sell there. Thanks everyone for the comments, I have to admit it turned out so much better than I could have hoped. Most are measuring 8.5+ mm thick (.34 inches) wow.

I was lucky enough to buy the Collector's Edition Set + the Discovered signed book and coin from Frozen Buns at GxProxy at the TAG Fall Fest event last weekend at Greenleaf State Park in Oklahoma. These are the best looking coins I have ever seen. It was great meeting Beverly, too (thanks for spending so much time with us!)