Site issues after Oct. 16 hardware update

Sol seaker

Had someone last night sign into their account on my laptop so we could look up some bookmarks.

Today, cannot log her out to sign into my account. Everytime I hit sign out on the homepage so that I can log into my account, it takes me to the gopher page last night showing that gc is down. Cannot sign into my account.

Help!

Had someone last night sign into their account on my laptop so we could look up some bookmarks.

Today, cannot log her out to sign into my account. Everytime I hit sign out on the homepage so that I can log into my account, it takes me to the gopher page last night showing that gc is down. Cannot sign into my account.

Help!

Well that was quick! I tried once again after posting this and it worked. Had tried a dozen times earlier with no success. Thank you for the almost instant help.....

Yeah, really. I wonder every time, why they don't perform these updates in some kind of sandbox copy and test them.

After passing the tests they can update the working system (or switch the servers: sandbox to working and vice versa, but maybe that's too expensive).

Our IT do their updates this way.

Sandboxing is expencive. and this is a hobby system....

I banking we some time use triple sandboxes. But once it's virtual, that problem is solved for the hardware...

Edited by HJGT

It appears to be working now.

There were a number of communication issues, in particular that the first we heard about the update was on Jeremy's Facebook page shortly before it occurred and the announcement on the webpage was put up at relatively short notice, it took a while to get responses in the forum about the problem afterwards, questions on geocaching.com Facebook page were ignored and there has been nothing official on this thread to say the problem has been fixed. I hope geocaching.com/Groundpeak will take a good look at how it communicates with its customers, many of whom pay to use it, if they wish to remain competitive.

Also the fact that such a major and obvious issue after a server upgrade seems to have gone unnoticed until pointed out by users shows that their testing regime needs a review too- either that or they knew but didn't communicate that they were working on it till we complained- in that case see previous paragraph about communication!

It appears to be working now.

There were a number of communication issues, in particular that the first we heard about the update was on Jeremy's Facebook page shortly before it occurred and the announcement on the webpage was put up at relatively short notice, it took a while to get responses in the forum about the problem afterwards, questions on geocaching.com Facebook page were ignored and there has been nothing official on this thread to say the problem has been fixed. I hope geocaching.com/Groundpeak will take a good look at how it communicates with its customers, many of whom pay to use it, if they wish to remain competitive.

Also the fact that such a major and obvious issue after a server upgrade seems to have gone unnoticed until pointed out by users shows that their testing regime needs a review too- either that or they knew but didn't communicate that they were working on it till we complained- in that case see previous paragraph about communication!

I can't really argue with most of your points, but the "Admin" under Moun10bike's avatar is as official as you get, and I do believe he wrote that all of the problems have been fixed.