Site issues after Oct. 16 hardware update

Sol seaker

Some avatars in the forums aren't showing up.

It's pretty consistent. Mine is not showing up, while Swine Flew and Knowschad's are. There are others that are not showing up either, such as pnpure, TheAlabamaRambler, The Blorenges and others. It seems that those that don't show up don't show up anywhere, while those showing up are able to be seen all over.

I just clicked on my profile to see if they are showing up there and it seems the website is down. So this may be a temporary problem related to the website being down.

If so, please ignore this.

Thanks!

Same problem here.

All photos that were hostend on geocaching.com are missing.

Photos hosted on my own server = no problems.

So I think something went wrong during last downtime.

Hopefully they can restore it, it would be a pitty if all images (e.g. earthcache-photos, galleries etc.) are lost.

Same problem here.

All photos that were hostend on geocaching.com are missing.

Photos hosted on my own server = no problems.

So I think something went wrong during last downtime.

Hopefully they can restore it, it would be a pitty if all images (e.g. earthcache-photos, galleries etc.) are lost.

It seems as though "STATISTICS" are also missing!

Any untested migration? On img.geocaching.com appears:

------

[red]The folder containing old images (E:\Images) does not exist. Make sure you have the correct path in the 'OldRootFolder' web.config setting.

The folder where new images will be placed (E:\FileAssetsGC) does not exist. Make sure you have the correct path in the 'FileAPIRootFolder' web.config setting.

The folder where new images using the old convention will be placed (E:\FileAssetsGC\OldConvention) does not exist. Make sure you have the correct path in the 'OldImageConventionFolder' web.config setting.[/red]

[green]

The handler will convert png files to jpg format.

The number of levels deep the directory structure will go: 4

The number of digits in each folder name: 1

The handler will not delete old Waymarking images.

The handler will not delete old geocaching images.

The handler will not copy the original image to the new folder structure.

The handler will not add records to the file asset database.

[/green]

---------

The good thing is there are notices about no deleting original images, maybe...

All said in the title ... just in case some mobile device don't show:

Missing announcement that there are problems with pictures

How about a header-posting that there are problems with some pictures?

Is it really that hard to tell your CUSTOMERS that there is a problem and not 100% of them have to find out themselves that it is not their computer or internet connection or server or ....

If you're doing changes: test them and ACT appropriately.

Maybe the problem (that I confirm because I can't see pictures in the logs I received the notification) is recent and the technical staff is still analysing it. I recall enjoying some pictures in the log yesterday, so the problem seems recent to me.

It's recent and based on yesterdays (from my another time zone point of view) web update :) But first sighs are more than 7 hours "old", which i mean is more enough for some kind of information from GS side...

Yeah, really. I wonder every time, why they don't perform these updates in some kind of sandbox copy and test them.

After passing the tests they can update the working system (or switch the servers: sandbox to working and vice versa, but maybe that's too expensive).

Our IT do their updates this way.

There are no pictures being shown anywhere. The benchmark pages recovery photos have an error that states

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

I only hope that the site can recover all of the pictures that were being stored on their server, as many people will be upset across all of GC land. I never realized just how important pictures are to all of varied activities of GC. Pictures seem to be at the very heart of what we love about GC....

Shirley~

===========