"Unavailable" cache

FshngGC

I found that the status of the cache labelled I'm Just Right in Anamosa, IA has this on its page of Geocache.com:

Cache Issues:

This cache is temporarily unavailable. Read the logs below to read the status for this cache.

I had found the cache a couple of months ago so I went to check it out. The cache is in its place!

I sent a post a couple of days ago that asked two very simple questions:

1) Can this status be changed?

2) Is there anything that I can do to help correct this?

I guess that my post was not clear because it started a lot of conversations but there was no direct answer to either of these questions.

Could you please help me on this issue?

1 - It looks that this cache was archived.

So, it only can be changed if the owner want to ask the reviewers to unarchive.

2 - The most wise thing to do is to contact the owner, asking if he need help with that particular cache.

Being archived, but still on place, this cache is only geo-litter, so you can remove it... if you have no response from the owner.

The cache owner hasn't logged in since Sunday, 08 August 2010 so it is likely that a reviewer will archive this cache. There is nothing you can do to change this but if you really like the location there's nothing stopping you from placing a cache there once the original has been archived.

I found that the status of the cache labelled I'm Just Right in Anamosa, IA has this on its page of Geocache.com:

Cache Issues:

This cache is temporarily unavailable. Read the logs below to read the status for this cache.

I had found the cache a couple of months ago so I went to check it out. The cache is in its place!

I sent a post a couple of days ago that asked two very simple questions:

1) Can this status be changed?

2) Is there anything that I can do to help correct this?

I guess that my post was not clear because it started a lot of conversations but there was no direct answer to either of these questions.

Could you please help me on this issue?

GC2970P I'm Just Right

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=f341ba89-e5d0-45e1-8e8b-4df78b23052c

I'm a little confused as to why you didn't log your "found it" log until now, if you found it back in March. You could have backdated that log to the correct date, instead of logging it as "now".

Regardless, there's nothing more you can do. It's an issue that requires the cache owner to take action.

I also don't think that starting multiple threads about the same issue will change the outcome, whatever that will be.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

From what I see, things are right on track.

A number of DNF logs along with a NA log.

The reviewer disabled it to give the CO an opportunity to fix or replace. That however, is unlikely as the CO has not been active for over two years.

I would say it is time for this one to follow the process, ultimately allowing another placement by a CO willing and able to maintain it.

It doesn't look like the coordinates were ever very close.

Of that Cache Owner's 41 caches, 14 are now archived (most of them this year), 13 have maintenance flags.

1 - It looks that this cache was archived.

So, it only can be changed if the owner want to ask the reviewers to unarchive.

2 - The most wise thing to do is to contact the owner, asking if he need help with that particular cache.

Being archived, but still on place, this cache is only geo-litter, so you can remove it... if you have no response from the owner.

Actually, it's only disabled, not archived. So, theoretically, the cache owner can still respond to the reviewer's note within the 30 days stated.

I wouldn't advise anyone to take a cache without the owner's consent.

B.

Could you link to the cache? If it was disabled after you found it, your find is unlikely to be relevant. Right now, I can't even see why it was disabled in the first place.

I found that the status of the cache labelled I'm Just Right in Anamosa, IA

B.

Yeah, I know these caches well. Micro spew and then abandoned. I'll be happy when all of them have been archived and replaced by an active cacher.

It seems that the cache has had problems with bad coordinates since the beginning. It now has an absentee owner. The best course to take is probably to just to let the system work and let the cache get archived. Helping out an absentee owner maintain an urban micro cache that has bad coordinates doesn't make a lot of sense.