When is International Virtual Day?

wimseyguy

At the recent International Earth Cache Day event that I attended a few of us got to talking. Why should one cache type be honored with its own special day outside of International Geocaching Day and not the others? You would still have to show up at an event for International Virtual Cache day, not just log it from the comfort of your sofa. A fun twist on International Multi Cache day could be a progressive event with appetizers and cocktails at one venue and then move across the parking lot to have burgers and more beer at another restaurant. I've heard of people hosting puzzle solving events, that would be a perfect way to celebrate International Puzzle Cache Day.

What do you say-shouldn't all cache types be treated the same?

International Multicache Day is on October 20, November 5, December 6 and finally January 15th.

International Puzzle Cache Day could be on.... well, YOU figure it out!

I need some help from the community. I want to have a celebratory day that will be on November 10 and December 12, but also another unknown date in between. Is this an International Multicache Day or an International Puzzle Day? Does it depend on how complex each event day is?

:laughing:

Earthcaches are already treated differently by being the one kind of virtual cache that is still allowed.

I suspect the Geological Society of America's active sponsorship and review of Earthcaches has something to do with the extra press Earthcaches get. Also, the educational aspect.

Not exactly a cache TYPE, but what about an International DNF day. Log a DNF at exactly 12:21 local time, on 12/21/12 to celebrate the end of the world. :ph34r:

Log it at that exact time? or fail to find at that exact time? because one is much easier than the other...... Although there are a couple of caches in my area that I can DNF any time I want, come to think of it.

International Puzzle Cache Day could be on.... well, YOU figure it out!

Doug 7rxc

I could tell you when International Puzzle Cache Day will be but it is considered bad form to give answers like that in a public forum.

That's OK by me, I got it figured out... just waiting for everyone else... haven't found it on a spoiler site yet though.

Wonder how long before the PAF network get it?

Doug 7rxc

Edited by 7rxc