Another Questionable Cache placemnt

command Z

Would this cache hide get approved? It's blocked from traffic because cars back up to the cache location pretty much all the time.

I sent 2 emails to my area reviewer, but he does not respond...

Thanks All!

Would it get approved? Only your reviewer can answer that. Be patient, reviewers are really busy people.

Should it get approved? IMHO, no. Having cachers standing/wandering around in the gutter of a road? That doesn't sound like a good idea at all.

From this page: http://www.geocaching.com/about/guidelines.aspx

"When you go to hide a geocache, think of the reason you are bringing people to that spot. If the only reason is for the geocache, then find a better spot." – briansnat

I know I'm throwing fuel on this fire, and I know this is slightly off the point of this thread, but is there a particular reason to have a geocache here?

From this page: http://www.geocachin...guidelines.aspx

"When you go to hide a geocache, think of the reason you are bringing people to that spot. If the only reason is for the geocache, then find a better spot." – briansnat

I know I'm throwing fuel on this fire, and I know this is slightly off the point of this thread, but is there a particular reason to have a geocache here?

That's a good philosophy, but I think that ship sailed long ago. My first thought when I saw the picture was that if your community is so saturated with caches that the only free spots are non-descript curbside traffic barriers, then your community has enough caches. If it's not so saturated, you should be able to find a better spot.

Things may work differently in your area. But around here the reviewers prefer to work from an actual cache listing and not answer questions via email or in the forums. They have tools that allow them to work efficiently to analyze a waypoint with an actual listing that cannot be done in other ways.

Just post a reviewer note letting them know that the cache isn't in place yet and you are just asking for a proximity check and if the site meets the guidelines.

Looks like a great place for that fake sprinkler head container, eh? :lol:

Yesterday's cache find was a tape-wrapped plastic pouch stuck under some stairs behind a store. Listed as kid-friendly. :blink:

Sometimes it's easier to get/make a camo'd container, and then look for a place to put it than it is to find a great place for a cache and then create a container to fit the location.

If it's not apparent, I'd suggest finding the great location first.

Would this cache hide get approved? It's blocked from traffic because cars back up to the cache location pretty much all the time.

Thanks All!

I don't know why not.

As has been said about the drain in the foreground, we've found MANY either stuck to the drain or suspended with fishing line.

It's ironic that we just had a long thread about how busy reviewers are so why not ask questions about placements on the forums before creating a cache page. Now folks are saying, just make the cache page and wait for the reviewer to get to it! Newbies must get so confused...

Perhaps the confusion lies with an assumption that the cache must be places prior to the creation of the cache page. I cache page can be created with can be discussed with a review and edited as many times as desired before the container is placed. One of the suggestions in thread about discussing the nature and potential location of a hide is to create a cache page with a title of "For Coordinate verification only". Once a reviewer has location has not proximity or permission issues, the title and description can be edited, the container placed, then the listing put into the queue for final review.

Thanks All!

Approval or NonApproval isn't the Question...

The "Question" would be...Would this cache get published? Once...long ago in an internet history long past (ok...anything over 5 years is long in internet terms)...they were once called approvers...but they are now called reviewers...

Keep in mind...many Reviewers Publish many caches they do not personally approve of because they fit the Guidelines...and deny caches because they do not fit the guidelines of what may/may not be listed on Geocaching.com.

Sorry...just a pet peeve...nothing is approved...but things are reviewed (as approved would imply some sort of endorsement)...

It's ironic that we just had a long thread about how busy reviewers are so why not ask questions about placements on the forums before creating a cache page. Now folks are saying, just make the cache page and wait for the reviewer to get to it! Newbies must get so confused...

Perhaps the confusion lies with an assumption that the cache must be places prior to the creation of the cache page. I cache page can be created with can be discussed with a review and edited as many times as desired before the container is placed. One of the suggestions in thread about discussing the nature and potential location of a hide is to create a cache page with a title of "For Coordinate verification only". Once a reviewer has location has not proximity or permission issues, the title and description can be edited, the container placed, then the listing put into the queue for final review.

Just creating the cache page doesn't mean it goes before a reviewer. I believe you have to check the box saying that the cache is in place and ready to be found before it is brought to the reviewer's attention.